“I am in love with French Bakery now!”
Review of Le Banneton

Le Banneton
Ranked #1 of 18 Dessert in Vientiane
Cuisines: Deli, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This bakery and cafe is the Vientiane, Laos, location of the "Le Banneton" in Luang Pra Bang, Laos, location that has already been set up in reviews.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I must say I am definitely not a fan for cheese and butter, but when my friend told me this was the best French bakery in town and she would never give up looking until she found this place, I once thought "Ok, may be worth a try". And then, it turned out I had one of my best lunches there! Croissants and other sweet breads were so excellent and we both ordered lemon juice for drinks, which was, again, one of the best lemon juices I have ever drunk! They made lemon juice to be sour in order to even with the sweetness in breads. I did not try coffee but I think it's also great as well. Lovely place, will be there over and over again next time!

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a really nice place with good quality bread of French type. Great place to eat breakfast or a light lunch. Many make the mistake of visiting other nearby bakery as it also labels itself as French. It seems this is where many locals buy their baguettes nevertheless.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

It was my third visit to Vientiane so I headed straight to the Banneton for breakfast and I was not disappointed. The coffee, croissants and bread were as excellent as ever. What's more there is even more variety on the menu. The best baker in town now provides his own delicious ham and saucisson. Go on, give it a try. I promise you will not regret it.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

In January, French bakeries celebrate "Epiphany". So, I decided to go the Banneton in Vientiane to find out how their "galette des rois" " a cake fit for a king " would taste. It was absolutely delicious and so cheap compared with prices in Paris.
I must say that everytime I go to Le Banneton, I go from one surprise to another. They are very inventive in that bakery and everything is always delicious.
Carry on Cedric, the French baker.

1  Thank Morbihan56
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This bakery/coffee shop is a must for visitors to Vientiane. It has the very best croissant in Laos, baked by bakers trained by Cedric. The other baked goods are authentically French. The service is excellent. The breakfasts and lunches are very good.

Strongly recommended.