“A safe bet”

Lao Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 405 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Opposite the KP Hotel near the National Cultural Hall. Open from 11am to 10pm everyday.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We wanted a break from the heat and rain, wow! (And maybe trying to come during rocket festival was not brilliant) so we were taken here. Tony from Luxury Travel suggseted it, although we do want to go to more out of the way/hole in the wall places. But for the time, it was a perfect spot. You can pretty much count on getting the basics, spring rolls, sticky rics, etc. And I even tried the tofu, of which I am very much not a fan. Not bad. But, meh.

1  Thank Chicagolandman
There are newer reviews for Lao Kitchen

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The food is catered towards tourists. It is a little pricier than other places, yet the service is good and you can sit down, relax and eat your meal (with a nice cool glass of iced water.) The spring rolls are nice. Once again, pricier than other places (6 for 26,000 Kip or 3 for 14,000 kip.) At other places (Three Sisters Restaurant - close to Common Grounds) you can get 10 spring rolls for 20,000 Kip. However, I would come here again for the ambience. It's a plesant place to sit down and read a novel while you eat your meal.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This place is located diagonally across Noy's Fruit Heaven (which is also a must-visit place in its own!)
I had the duck laap with sticky rice and the papaya salad. YUMMMMY!!! I had never had Lao food before and this place got me hooked!! Head on over for some authentic Lao food!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

At the beggining, I was a bit reluctant for going to a "western" restaurant serving lao food but wanted to try. And sadly, I just went to this restaurant the day before I left.
All the food we ordered was great. Laap (pork or tofu), curry, some chicken stuffs...all these meals were tasty

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We enjoyed our visit here. Authentic food and nice service. But the dishes we thought would be hot were salads. Be sure to ask for hot food if you are cautious about eating cold food and tap-washed salad when in Asia. Having said that the fried tofu was wonderful and the stir fried pork with kale was wonderful. The veggie stew was good, too. I've marked this down to three because 1) they didn't have any white wine, only red, 2) the service was slow because they seem to be overwhelmed by the amount of people to serve - although there were only three tables when we were there, and 3) they need to make sure that the cold salad dishes are on the salad page of the menu. Our fish dish wasn't and yet it was still a cold salad. Perhaps there was a mistake in the order.

1  Thank breweruk