“A garden to eat for”
Review of Kongkhao - CLOSED

Kongkhao
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Lao house set close to Mekong River. Leafy green eating & air-conditioned indoor eating. Children's room and outdoor play area. Lao fusion restaurant with Western-style brunch on weekends. Happy hour 6-9pm every Thursday, Jam Session every Friday from 8pm, Live Music Sunday afternoons from 2-5pm, gallery space upstairs.
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Just back from Kongkhao restaurant. Food is very good together with the service. There is also a totally enjoyable garden whom I beleive during the day must be a real plus. The mango smoothies are excellent. I would definately come back.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I live and work in Vientiane, and this is definitely one of my favorite places to spend an evening. The food is creative and delicious with lots of options for vegetarians, the garden is arguably the best in the entire city, the friendliest staff around, lots cool art inside, and great events (jam sessions, fashion shows, etc.) that bring excitement to a city that at times can be a bit too sleepy. The meals are a terrific value, with the prices just a step up from street/local food, but with quality and setting that rival the most expensive joints in town. A must, in my humble opinion. And be sure to try to the chef's eggplant, it'll make you slap yo mama!

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I first went to this place a couple months ago, and decided to go back because the tofu laap is simply the best in town! As I went I discovered more and more amazing dishes, and I found that even though the food was my first attraction to the place, I went back also for the friendly staff, the beautiful garden, the lovely atmosphere and the fun parties. I celebrated my birthday last week and my friends organized a surprise birthday dinner for me at Kong Khao, it was a great success! The food was excellent, the music was great (it was on one of the open mic / jam session evenings) and some of the guys even got off stage to sing "Happy Birthday" when my cake was served. It was a great evening, one of many great evenings I have spent in Kong Khao!

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I was there with my patner in june, lovely place really enjoyed dinner in the garden area.
Food is really Tasty and staff very friendly. i would recommend it.
I will def be back on my next trip.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I went there a couple of days ago with my wife and friends and wow we were all really impressed by the food and the setting! it's located in a quiet area of Vientiane and it has a splendid tropical garden where you can dine on candlelit tables. My wife being vegetarian had a tofu laap and she said it was the best she ever had, and I had stuffed eggplants a very fusion lao dish I never seen on any other menu and it was just melting in your mouth!It was very busy, somebody was having a birthday and there was a Jam session on, nonetheless the service was quick and efficient. The prices as well, considering the service and the atmosphere you get are ridiculously low! After our meal we went inside to check the Jam session and I had no idea such events were happening in VTE! A wonderful surprise! the musicians were amazing and the atmosphere was so relaxed and welcoming,low lights and candles everywhere! I ended up asking the owner about it and she mentioned that it's on every Thursday. This will definitely enter my weekly calendar!