“Great staff and great location”
Review of Win Hotel

Win Hotel
Ranked #61 of 197 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Shenzhen
“Great staff and great location”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed at Win hotel 19th this month with my group of 11, all of us enjoyed the hotel, the location and the staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast served at the hotel was very nice. Highly recommended to stay there if you looking for a nice mid range hotel central in Vientiane. Will for sure come back again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JP-Oi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Win hotel (formally and still widely known as Van Huong Hotel) has it's good and bad points. It's in a good location,the free breakfast is very good & the man behind the desk is super cool. But the rooms are very average (but clean) and the beds are pretty hard, which i think is about normal for this part of the world. I think if i returned to Laos i might try to find a better value place but wouldn't be to bummed if i ended up hear again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Ageiola
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Recently stayed here 5th-8th Nov. On day of leaving I notice $350 cash equivalent had been stolen from my wallet stored in wardrobe. Informed the management at 11.30. They rounded up the 3 room cleaners for questioning - for my benefit ? They told me they all denied it. So I requested the police be called. No immediate need for me to be there, expecting searches of cleaners rooms/cupboards/etc that cleaners used. Returned a couple of hours later to be told most police celebrating some festival and no-one available. Due to head to airport in 30 mins but still no-one arrived. Handed over my email address requesting a copy of the police report ( translated important bits) which they agreed to do.
In taxi for 5 mins when hotel phoned driver to say Police had arrived but it was too late to turn back - they knew the time of my flight.
A couple of days went by and never heard anything so emailed them.
They confirmed the police came after I left and report would be submitted to the Ministry of Tourism. They also included a photo of "my" wardrobe where it is allegedly stated "hotel cannot be responsible for valuables left in room" dont recall seeing anything but understand normal practice. As it was supposed to be a mid-range hotel did not expect this!
Emailed again asking for a copy of the police report, no response. A further email elicited nothing.
Will be contacting the police & ministry for tourism to see if they really reported the theft, and if this has happened before at this hotel as it changed it's name - dodgy ?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank GC05

Travelers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Extremely pleasant and helpful clerk. Centrally located. Room was small and drab. Water damage on the walls. Hardest bed I have ever encountered. Probably worth spending a few more bucks for something nicer.

• Stayed October 2011
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 28, 2011

There is a lovely friendly lady (didnt get her name) who was very helpful throughout our stay, she spoke excellent English.

The hotel is a budget hotel so don't expect too much ... but we had a few problems with our room and bathroom door. Our room door was very difficult to open you had to try several times before it would open and didn't have the safest lock. Our second problem was our bathroom door... when we first arrived I used the toilet so of course I closed the bathroom door but the problem was I couldn't get out I was locked in. Don't worry I made it out a few minutes after my friend got housekeeping . We asked to move rooms but they sent someone to fix it instead .... the door was still a bit funny so we didn't close the bathroom door for the rest of our stay.

The room is a ok size but has a very small bathroom . There is also a small tv, fridge, fan as well as aircon in the room.

The hotel is in a pretty good location if you take a right out of the hotel and walk straight for about 10 mins you reach the mekong river which has a night market. If you take a left and walk to the end of the road and cross over there is a food vendor market and very small fair ground type games and rides filled with locals (only open in the evenings I believe). There are also quite a few temples within walking distance about 15 to 20 min walk.

The hotel also offers free WiFi which we found weak on the second floor, they had computers you could use for 10000 kip an hour. I wouldn't recommend using their laundry service they are very expensive at 18000 kip per kg, you will find plenty places offering laundry for 10000 kip per kg .

Overall a decent place for price has good location and friendly service they just need keep up with room maintenance .

• Stayed July 2011
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We checked if fine, but make sure you have the address before you get in a TukTuk because the Hotel has recently changed names. Our room was fine. An OK size with everything we needed. The bed was solid, but the mattress was wrapped in plastic, which was good because it meant the mattress was clean, but bad because it meant the sheets slipped off in the night.

Other than that, we had a great stay, the WIFI worked great, the aircon was very good and the location was fine. It was just on the edge of the main area, but it was quiet at night and had a supermarket close and a great cafe. The river is about a 10 minute walk away.

We stayed here during the Laos new year. The staff were amazing, they invited us to join in the celebrations. Sharing alcohol and food with us all day and night! We had a great time and everyone made us feel at home!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple