Salana Boutique Hotel
$58
$47
$18
1,024 results
All reviewsnight marketthe riverfourth floornice hotelcentral locationbreakfast buffetwalking distanceairport pickluang prabangdeluxe roomcomfortable staylocation is excellentvisit vientianemini barrooms are largespatemple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

All positive reviews about this hotel are true. I would like to stress however one aspect of this hotel that for us worked particularly well and that is it's location. I do not think you could do better in Vientiane ...it is brilliantly close to the "centre" of this city and all that entails .... restaurants, shops, sights and the night market.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2014

When I say "Little" its not really small at all , its a very polished and professional hotel with lots of its own, very nicely lettered vehicles of various sizes, used for pick ups and drop offs. The hotel is near to everything worth seeing in Vientiane (A real mini Paris with its own Arc de Triumph).

We had a great room and the staff are really friendly and have great language skills.

We visited the bar on the top floor a couple of times, its like a living room complete with a library and we were always the only ones there. The bar is indoors but there is an outdoor balcony if you don't care about the A/C.

In the evening we could spot lights sweeping the sky so we went to investigate and it turned out to be a Carlsberg open air concert with live music and free entry . Next to the concert area there was a large pizza restaurant and a very popular American ice cream restaurant (packed out with local people). It did not seem very "Laos" ish and we felt that we had been beamed to somewhere else in the world ,but is was fun. Sorry! thats nothing to do with the hotel except that, like everything else, it was only a couple of minutes walk away from the Salana.

There is NOTHING about this hotel that you could find fault with. The breakfast ranks along with the best of them, and the hotel is spotless. Next time I go to Vientiane I will book a room well in advance as I really would not want to stay anywhere else !

Very well done Team Salana.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the hotel, the last time in Dec 13 and on both occassions found the hotel to be clean and efficiently managed. The staff are very friendly and couldnt do more to make your stay a pleasant experience. I cant think of anything negative and would especially like to commend MS Chintana for her valiant attempts to teach me the lao language (3 phrases a day for 30 days and you have 90 - I'm not on track, but did learn a lot).

Room Tip: The view over the temple is nice but the view up the bustling street is also interesting.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Spotless hotel with an amazing location, superb rooms, delicious food and an unbeatable staff that really treats you like family ! I lived it and I loved it !!!! I would very highly recommend this hotel to everybody . Angar is the nicest person and an amazing tour guide !

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Rodrigo R
Keota T, Public Relations Manager at Salana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Sir,

Greeting from Salana Boutique hotel and thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for your kind words. This will help us to keep up on our good work and process further.

I will make sure to spread the words to all of our staff especially Mr.Angar.

He will be very happy to hear about your comments!

Please keep in touch and take care until we see you for your next trip to Vientiane!

Best regards,
Keota T.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Like just about even hotel we stayed in in SEA this one had a Buddhist temple across the road, which is lovely. The hotel was fine but we booked a large room which we did not get because they were spraying for mosquitoes. I have no problem with spraying for mossies but there was no refund for the changed room just a sorry. The food was great and it was only 5 mins walk to the night market.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Keota T, Manager at Salana Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Sir,

All of your reviews will help us to improve.

I am quite surprised to hear about your experience with us about the mosquito spray.

Normally, we only ask the guest to leave the room for an hour during mosquito spray and there is no need to change or cancel any room.

If possible, I would like to have more information about this so I can fix this properly.

Please kindly contact me at wecare@salanaboutique.com to discuss further.

Best regards,