“Good boutique hotel in Vientiane”

Salana Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We spent three nights at the Salana Hotel and were very happy with our choice. The location is excellent as it is only walking distance to some of the best restaurants. All the staff were courteous and only too willing to be helpful. Our room was well furnished and quiet and we had all we could need. It was useful to have a bar/meeting room available to use for a group to relax in. We had a spa treatment while we were staying and the staff were well trained. We would stay again at the Salana.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Excellent location. Good breakfast. Don't miss the Laos Traditional Massage was just perfect. Front desk people and service in general was great. Nearby plenty of nice Lao food restaurants and night market alongside river Mekong.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JoanQuerol
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for a week at the hotel. A bit small but very cozy, well-furnished and equipped room. Whatever needed was provided. Toiletries & towels and mini-bar were all well-stocked, even extension power points was in the room. Good mattress and pillows, good lighting for reading. Internet was reasonably reliable. Very clean room, even the floor was reasonably stainless and dust-free!
Staff were very friendly and all spoke very good English. As a boutique hotel with not many rooms, more personalized attention was very much present.
Food was good, the only part that might need improvement would be the breakfast buffet spread. Definitely need to change. For one week, having to see the same things every day was not really nice. However, because of the excellent location of the hotel, there was plenty of restaurants outside the hotel that can be visited. In fact, we tried a number of restaurants along the same street.
Had herb massage at the Spa. Very good and professionally handled. Nice, clean environment. I tried another massage place outside a block from the hotel. That was terrible! My advice, try the massage at Salana.
We also used the meeting room on the 4th Floor for 15 people, which was excellent. The lay-out was very warm and inviting for casual and formal meeting. Staff was very accommodating with the printing of materials and arrangements.
Will definitely choose this hotel the next time I come to Vientiane.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anni M
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed for one night at the Salana and I had a great time at the hotel, the room was very beautiful and the bed very comfortable, many international TV channels and the WIFI connection worked very good! My room was facing the temple and very quiet.
The location of the hotel is great, just a few meters away from the night market with lovely restaurants around the area...I definitely recommend fellow travelers to try one of the many french restaurants in town, good quality and great price!
I also had a massage at the Spa and it was very good, the Spa is very nice and the masseuse was very professional.
The taxi service to the airport was very good and affordable, around 7-8 USD in a nice car.
I had a small issue at the hotel that was quickly fixed, and I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was a lovely surprise to find such a well appointed hotel in Vientiane, steps away from the river. The rooms are medium- small sized but very comfortable. The staff is very polite although sometimes a bit slow (it took me over half an hour to check out, and I was the only guest trying to check out at that time). The restaurant serves a pretty good breakfast. Lunch and dinner are good. While you can find much more delicious food in nearby restaurants, if you don't feel like going out the hotel offers good fare at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Too floors seem to be best.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My daughter and I spent one night at the Salana Boutique Hotel, and then my husband and son met us for a second night. The reception staff could not have been kinder to my daughter and me. The room was well appointed, with lovely furnishings. The breakfast buffet covers an array of enticing western and eastern foods. We also ate lunch at the hotel, which was well done, and reasonably priced. The staff at the restaurant was so kind to us and very doting on my daughter and son.

The location is central to most things, so we could comfortably walk anywhere.

My husband and I each had massages, which were some of the best we have ever had, and reasonably priced.

All in all, the Salana Boutique Hotel is lovely, and I would definitely stay there again, if we return to Vientiane.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The first price room is a little small although very cosy. We were pleased by the quality of the service compared to other places of the same price in Vientiane. The food was not exceptional but very acceptable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family