Salana Boutique Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$72
$52
$26
$24
1,019 results
All reviewsnight marketthe riverfourth floornice hotelcentral locationbreakfast buffetwalking distanceairport pickluang prabangdeluxe roomcomfortable staylocation is excellentvisit vientianemini barrooms are largespatemple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Great location in town, on a street linking the Mekong and the main shopping / entertainment areas. Rooms are nice enough, and convenient with most amenities provided.

Staff were also nice and friendly.

It's probably the best in town, but somehow something seems missing. Despite the cleanliness, the friendliness, and everything, it just feels a little functional..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rj-spark
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The room was very nice, small but of good quality. The shower was big and the body wash soaps, shampoo and conditioner were of good quality and smelled really nice. We were very satisfied with the wireless internet, it was fast enough. The morning breakfast was decent and had a good selection. The hotel itself is nicely situated in the centre of pretty much everything. My husband and I had a massage at the hotel spa and overall felt a bit weird about the whole experience. When we booked, even though there was no one in the evening they asked us to come an hour earlier than what we would have liked, but ok, we are on holidays, so no big deal. Then when we got there for the massage, they asked us to take a shower before our massage (in a bathtub where only a retractable shower head is available and it is attached to the bath, so you have to hold the shower head while you stand and wash yourself with not hot water running on you, hummm). In all fairness the massage in itself was good though. Then after the massage was done, one of the girls was waiting by the door while we were drinking our hot tea, we felt like they wanted us to leave at once so that they could close (which was weird because technically the spa was suppose to be open for another hour). So overall the massage was good but we were left with as sense of awkwardness.

Room Tip: The room facing the temple was very quiet until one day all of a sudden at four O'clock in the morning the monks started sounding the gong; it was apparently Buddhist day and we happened to be there! It did not last more than one minute and besides that small interruption, we slept really well and were very satisfied with our room!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cami444
Reviewed July 27, 2012

At first hotel was recommended by the company I worked for in Laos and hmm...this hotel doesn't look like those typical business hotel like. It's homey, modern, comfortable and exotic. Strategically 100m walk south to Mekong and 300-500m walk north for local food and night life.

Well. Considering Lao is just start open to the world for business and tourism very recently but this Hotel is standout from the rest of Hotel in Vientiane.Why? besides things I mention above, this hotel has the most well trained and professional staff in Vientiane (I stayed in almost 80% hotel in Vientiane). Its also got the fastest WIFI compared to all hotel in Vientiane.

Oh yea..this is a non-smoking hotel. I'm a smokers myself but I always stays here (I got one warning once from this hotel hehe). The hotel rooftop bar is the only place you can smoke. That Bar's balcony is my favorite place to hang out. Where I used to have my drinks, work, smokes and put my tripod up to take a long exposure shot of Vientiane at nite ;)

Usually I like to put pictures in my reviews but not this time. The management pictures are real unlike well dressed Photoshop lies of typical hotel pictures. Its been 1.5 years and they always be my first choice in Vientiane.

Room Tip: All rooms are good...I always stays in deluxe or superior and I satisfied. If budget doesn't matter, take the top corner suite...its stunning. Rooms heading to the road has good views especially at the top. But the morning sun will blast through the window and make the room a lil bit hot in the morning. If you want good quite sleep choose the back view. Its quite, cool and has a view of the temple garden which right at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RH_Project
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a very nice new hotel located a two minute walk from the river, a two minute walk to the night market and close to all the tourist attractions in Vientiane. My deluxe room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was modern and exceptionally clean.

The breakfast buffet was incredible, with an impressive spread each morning. The staff was friendly and helpful, and most had adequate English skills.

It would have been nice if the hotel had a swimming pool, but I was only there for a few nights so it didn't really matter.

I will definitely return to this hotel whenever I'm in Vientiane and I'd recommend it to other travelers.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank DoctorRoccoB
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I'm a regular visitor of Vientianne. I was stucked at Lao Plaza for a long time for its claim to be the only affordable 5 stars hotel. Salana was a life saver. It's cheaper than Lao Plaza and better in so many ways. The hotel is very new, much more comfortable bed, clean, pretty, great shower, right next to the river means I can still get Thai signal so I don't have to pay for roaming when I'm there. Oh yes, free wifi. Excellent service. It could claim to be a 5 stars if it has more rooms and a swimming pool.

Stayed: February 2012