“Clean and nice; well organized guest house”
Review of Mixay Paradise

and 1 more site!
Mixay Paradise
Ranked #12 of 202 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I arrived Vientiane very early at 7:30 AM, taken the sleeping bus from Pakse. So I try to look for vacant room at once but most of the guest house were full, or asked me to come back to check after 11:00. But I can see the room below the price of 12,000 Kips are just so so, or it would cost for at least 16,000.

Then I came across of Mixay Paradise, it has single room with shared bath room at 85,000. I checked the room is clean and the bathroom is large and also clean. I like the location of this guest house, it is just opposite Wat Mixay. It gave me a very good impression and it seems well organized like a hotel. It is better than those with private bath room.

It is a smoke free hotel and I have stayed there for 3 nights. The cost of laundry service was cheap at 10,000 per Kg.

And it will offer you free tea set on your second day stay, it's good.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I've just checked out of Mixay Paradise and although it has very clean, neat and tidy (albeit small) rooms, and a brilliant location, I still thought I'd share this with you.

Not only did I probably get a maximum of 4/5 hours sleep (I went to bed at 8pm and got out at 9am) due to the horrendous noises coming from outside, which included a gong being banged at 3:45am, and other guests shouting and banging in the corridor, but I also got accused of breaking a bedside lamp, minutes after handing my key over.

This lamp was already broken so I strenuously denied the accusation, after about 15 minutes explaining to them that it was already broken they had a quiet word and said "it's okay." Whether they were trying it on because the guest who actually broke it managed to get away with it, or they actually thought I did it, I will never know. It just seemed odd that they accused me so quickly then dropped it promptly. I just hope I won't get a bill in the future! This was in room 211 so beware!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Chloe B
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Overview: we stayed here for 2 nights last week and paid about $19 for a private double with a/c and ensuite, but no breakfast.

Pros:
- Great location on rue François Ngin, 10mins from the fountain and 5 from a street packed full of eateries and shops.
- Friendly, professional staff who speak good English.
-Decent bed.

Cons:
-Very small room.
-Some strange rules, including no food or drinks in the rooms.
- Quiet noisy at night with lots of banging and loud guests, and very thin walls.
-Relatively expensive compared to other places of a similar standard nearby.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kstar664
Reviewed December 5, 2013

There are definitely cheaper places to stay in Vientiane, but not better places. This guesthouse has a great location in the Mixay neighborhood. Just a couple minutes walk to the Mekong park, the street also features tons of restaurants so eating options are great. The guesthouse itself features very nice rooms, which are reasonably large and very clean. There are balconies to people watch down on the street, and there's a small lounge on the top floor where you can sit and relax and just barely catch a view of the Mekong (by looking between other buildings). The staff are super friendly and extremely helpful in answering questions about Vientiane and about Laotian culture. They also provide motorbike parking right out front!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I came to Vientiane without any proper plan. I did not book any guesthouse or hostel. I stayed here after my 2 Japanese new found friends told me that they were staying here.

Overall, it was a very nice experience staying here. The location is superb, it is at the city centre. You can walk or rent a bicycle to tour this small city. It is also near the riverside, which offers nice view of Nong Khai, Thailand and good night hangout places as well as the night market.

As for the guesthouse, you can choose either to pay with Kip, Baht or USD. I chose a single fan room without breakfast for THB 300 with a shared bathroom, with is so cheap and good that I decided to extend my stay for another night.

The room might be quite dark as it is facing a common pathway but they have lift and the smoking area is the best place to meet other travellers. Apart from that, they offer free welcome drinks for the guest everyday and they also offer free slice of cake once in a while.

The staff are very friendly and the place is spotless. They clean up the bathroom everyday, that although it is shared bathroom, it is still clean.

I will definitely stay here again if I go to Vientiane.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road will be brighter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place was recommended to me by a Lao friend, and what a good recommendation it was! The place is centrally located (near the Mekong River, restaurants, and ATMs) and is not too far from the airport.

Check-in is easy. The price is also reasonable for me because I remember paying for a twin fan room in Hua Hin, Thailand for around 550 baht that remained dirty throughout my stay there, whereas in Vientiane, I got an airconditioned room with a private toilet and shower that's cleaned everyday for just around 480 baht (Establishments in Laos accept Thai baht). The room I had faces the temple outside so it's a great view to look at every morning.

Staff speak good English and are courteous. Breakfast is okay and filling. Free coffee and juice all day. The signs said wifi is only available until 23:30, but I was able to use wifi all day and all night. I didn't mind the "don't do this, don't do that" and "sex workers not allowed" signs all around the place because it made me feel safe as a traveler. It made me feel that I'm staying in a decent place, so for me the signs were a good thing. As for the 23:30 curfew, based from experience, if you talk nicely to the staff that you might come in late (for good reason - we attended a friend's wedding), they will be kind enough to wait up for you.

Room Tip: For a great view every morning, choose the room facing the temple.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Free drinks til' 5pm, watch the staff learn to dance between 3-4pm and get free snacks. Well located, close to the Mekong river park and varied restaurants on the street. Rooms are nice and clean. However, some have a outside view of a neighboring wall but the better ones overlook the local temple grounds.

Room Tip: If you care about a view visit the room and look out the window.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo