Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams$17
Agoda.com$17
Tripadvisor$17
Trip.com
Hotels.com
All reviews air con double room decent breakfast tv egg backpackers temple
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The room and building were clean, the food decent, the price was good for the area. The shared bathrooms are clean. I rented a small room on the 4th floor with no AC, it was on the river side (south) so a bit warm in the afternoons and evening, I recommend a different floor or side of the building, or a room with AC. The cheap breakfast does not include any sort of meat, only one egg, lots of bread, and all-you-can-eat noodles, pastries, juice drink and coffee--which is great Lao coffee. The room I rented did not come with free afternoon cake + drink. Their price for a mini-van to Chiang Mai was cheaper than others in the area by 3-400 baht. I will probably stay here again on my next visa run. The signs and fines were plentiful and somewhat amusing.

Room tip: Rooms on the south side 4th floor are warmer due to direct sun. Ask for what all comes with which rooms, some get free cake and drink in the afternoon.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Another objective FattM review. As always, your results may vary.

Vientiane inn owners know that a lot of people are just passing through here or are on visa runs from Thailand. As a result, there is an abundance of places that are pretty basic, often bordering on the unpleasant. The Mixay Paradise is not one of those places.

I had a double room with aircon, not at the front but with a small window affording me a great view of another small window on the building three feet away. But at least it let daylight in. In agreement with whatever other reviewer it was who remarked on the ridiculous number of rules and regulations and fines and shame-on-you signs, I think they're petulant and puerile. But then again there are a lot of people out there who, if they weren't told not to, would do stupid things. Plus, it gives you something to look at in the elevator.

Still, the signs didn't take away from my first good night's sleep in an Asian budget hotel in a while. No music at 6am, an older (and quieter) clientele, no click-clicking of hookers' heels and loud Germans belching at 2am. Pretty nice change really.

I paid 100,000 kip (don't pay in baht because I tried and they tried hosing me on the exchange rate) for a double air/con with no TV. Who wants Lao/ Thai TV anyway? Plus they have WiFi but of course it only works from 9am to 11:30. I don't know why that it is. I should find out.

The MP almost looks like a proper hotel when you walk in but don't be surprised to find that a double bed takes up 90% of the room. But who cares? You're not going to be square-dancing in there. Besides, the mattresses are soft and the bathrooms are clean.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Clean, friendly, excellent value. You can include breakfast for cheaper than anywhere else of the same in town. They even gave us vouchers for free cake and a drink each day we stayed which was an excellent bonus. The bathrooms are of a high standard compared to anywhere else we stayed in thailand. Loved Vientiane and would recommend this hotel every time!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Pretty good place. My room was pleasant, with a very comfortable bed and plenty of light from two big windows (I was in a room on the front of the building). Through my windows I could see the wat across the street. The room was very smal, howeber. For two people it would be a struggle to find room for two sets of luggage. I paid 100,000 kip for this a/c room. I found the plethora of nagging signs in the hotel a little offputting. One no smoking sign in my room wasn't enough. There were two, one threatening a "fine" of 200,000 kip for violations. Another sign in the roomthreatened a 300,000 kip fine for putting anything other than the tab on the room key into the slot that turned on the electricity. The elevator interior was covered with more warning signs -- 200,000 kip for smoking in the building; 200,000 kip for bring a non-guest to your room; "No Commerical SexWorkers Allowed". My other complaibnt was that for the whole two days I was there their internet was down; I don't know if this was common, but it made the room more expensive as I had to go spend money at internet cafes. All in all, a pretty good place, but could be better and more welcoming.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were recommended to stay at Mixay Paradise by a friend living in Vientiane and we were not disappointed. For 110,000 kip a night we got a clean room with free wifi and air con. It was an inside room which they've put windows into so it wasn't dark all the time and you could tell when there was day light. After 2 nights we asked to switch rooms, and were given a room without a tv which was 100,000 kip a night. We didn't mind not having a tv for the time spend in the room was minimal. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to the riverfront with restaurants, guesthouses and hostels lining the whole road. The hotel itself serves good food and has a breakfast inclusive booking option also. The staff were courteous and attentive. We had an early flight to catch and they accomodated out 4:45am check out time and booked us a taxi pick up to the airport for 20,000kip . The woman who I think was the owner or manager speaks excellent English and was able to answer all our questions. We used their laundry service and it was returned to us the same day. Every day they gave us a voucher to come back in the afternoon for a free cake and coffee or tea (iced coffee or tea) which was a nice added touch. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: September 2012