“Ok, but look for others!” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Mixay Paradise
Ranked #14 of 196 Vientiane B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Ok, but look for others!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Very average experience for us, which culminated in a morning-long power-cut on our final day. Our room itself was boxed in, windowless with a pathetic fan (which of course broke and left us sweltering when the power died.) A power-cut is of course beyond their control, however given the frequency of them in Laos the incompetence of the staff was baffling. They gave us false information in an attempt to keep us 'happy' which only frustrated us more, given that we wasted our final morning in Vientiane believing we could shower in 30 minutes...2 hours later and still no power or water. Bugs in the room did little to help our stay also. Breakfast was included, however it was pretty average, but as travellers on a budget, it's always nice to get a freebie!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I am suprised to read the reviews saying the staff are professional and helpful.
We were looking forward to staying here after reading the reviews, I emailed to reserve a room and confirmed the reservation. They asked me what time we were arriving and I told them that our bus was coming from Vang Vieng and arriving at 7.30pm.
Because we would be arriving after 5pm, they would not confirm our reservation and advised us that the room could not be held.
This is the most ridiculous practise I have ever heard of from an accomodation establishment and it makes me glad we are not staying there. What is the point in pre reserving a room if the rules are that we have to arrive at a certain time.
Don't stay here, it is clearly run by idiots who are to big for their boots that are clearly paronoid of loosing money that they free up the rooms by 5pm to make sure they are all 100% filled, even if there is a reservation confirmed in writing!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Chiang Mai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

The staff was extremely professional and helpful. The hostel is very secure and very well run. Open buffet breakfast was included European and Laos style. We had fresh towels and room service every day. The room has got tv, fan and hot shower facilities. We had a lovely shared balcony facing the gorgeous Buddhist temple. The hostel is right at the heart of the town with plenty of restaurants and cafes.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front has got a nice view and quick access to a shared balcony.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lasko, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

As I had a goald to visit many places I stayed in Vientienne only for one day. But I would say that this is one of the place I would like to stay for day or two more to explore more into deep. I stayed in this great guest house and for sure Tripadvisor helped me to decide. I can say that this is the best guest house I ever stayed as I can say that this is already more than a hotel than a guest house. It has an elevator it has big lobby, big reception desk and lot of space for breakfast or dining. Rooms were very clean when we arrived to the room, also AC was working very nicely. I enjoyed my night there and would sure recommend this place for all. For backpackers and also more demanding flashpackers. Price for the room is very convenient. Staff also arranged a BUS for Luang Prabang the next day with pick up service early in the morning. As it was early around I have doubts that I would catch a morning breakfast which starts at 7am. Staff did not hesitate and prepared a breakfast even before official opening of the kitchen. Great place, centrally located and I think you do not need to look elsewhere for anything else as I think that it would be very hard to find best than this.

Room Tip: Back rooms for more quiet feeling, front view for a nice view over the temple across the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

After a three hour wait at the Thai Consulate, I was very hot and tired. It was the thought of a cold Beer Lao aon the Mekong that brought me to Part of Vientiane and I took my chances. With no reservations in hand, I walked into several hotels here and found them all overpriced, or under equipped. By chance, I walked up one side street perpendicular to the river and noticed a tidy looking hotel (this hotel). The staff at the counter was courteous, neat, and answered all my question honestly. I was taken to a very nice room on the second floor with a long balcony overlooking a Temple. It was bright and cheerful, with many windows. Wifi, cable, hotwater and a very clean and fresh smelling room was my pleasant surprise. I gladly paid the money and am now enjoying a comfortable bed with a view. The price was better than the other hotels I had looked at...in the budget category. I have stayed in four other hotels in Vientiane, and this is the only one I would come back to.

Room Tip: room 103 has a very good view....twin beds...if you are solo. I like laying my stuff out on the oth...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Staffs are kind. Rooms are clean!
They change our towles everyday.

• Stayed August 2012
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Paradise Mixay is definitely the best place to stay in Vientiane - for the cheapest price (7 € single room, 11€ double WITH breakfast!) you get a very nice hotel standard room.

Very nice and helpful staff, every service you need (cheap laundry, bus transfer to airport etc.) and pretty rooms with fan and window. At the second floor there is even a very realxed openair lounge.

Just perfect. So there is definitely no need to stay in a shabby hostel for the same price. As ist is not recommended in the lonely planet yet, it is really a hidden treasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo