“Stunned after all the good reviews”
Review of Amphone

Amphone
Ranked #74 of 408 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Stunned after all the good reviews”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This restaurant is very charming. What it has in cute looks certainly doesn't equate when it comes to the food. After reading all the positive reviews I was looking forward to a treat. Prices are very reasonable should you get what you ordered. The Lao sausage was tasty, the dry sun-cured beef was interesting; so I thought I was on my way to a fabulous main course. I chose the chicken with spicy papaya salad. What arrived in my plate next resembled pieces of half-burnt cardboard with a sliced cucumber. Completely disgusting and awful tasting. When I asked about the papaya salad I received a smile with the comment "no more". I would not recommend this place at all.

• Visited April 2012

Islamabad, Pakistan
“A little Lao culinary surprise off the main road!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Went for a quick lunch with work colleagues and enjoyed an enormous bowl of tasty Lao soup with noodles. No English menu at lunchtime so was abit of pot lukc but well worth it. Happy to recommend it to friends

• Visited March 2012
Hong Kong
“Good Lao food and reasonable price”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Just had a dinner last night over there. Amphone is a nice decorated restauarnt with both western and Laos touch. They serve good Lao food, but don't expect it too much since Lao food is not so delicious anyway. Worth it a try. The price is quite reasonable. A meal for two without wine should be around US$15. The service is good as well.

• Visited March 2012
Incheon, South Korea
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I and my wife ran into this restaurant by chance. We didn't have any information about it. My wife found this one and wanted to try. So we went in.

The atmostphere was very nice, both inside and outside.
We sat inside and had Noodle Soup for lunch.

It was quite good.
And the price, only 15,000kip, made us very happy.
With this kind of interior design and ambience, we felt dine in much more expensive restaurant.

Overall, very good value.
The owner was very nice and very kind.

• Visited February 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Glad We Dined Here”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Loved the ambience and the food was delicious!

Beer Lao and Riverweed to start,followed by Lao Sausage and Lap Pork. Too full for dessert. Could not ask for better service. Our bill was about $15 US.

Really sorry we did not return here our last night. We ended up at the Nam Phu Restaurant/Bar @ Nam Phu Fountain. DH really made a poor choice. Do NOT dine there....Amphone is the place!

Visited November 2011