“My husband's hair was butchered”
Review of Champa Spa

Champa Spa
Chicago, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“My husband's hair was butchered”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

A relatively simple men's haircut was apparently an impossible task for the Champa staff. It started out well with a nice shampoo head massage, but the "stylists" clearly don't have any sort of training. It literally looked like a blind 5 year old with safety scissors cut his hair. Since he's a nice guy, he paid the full price, and promptly walked across the street and had it fixed by someone who had actually cut hair before.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank SGM2

• Korean first
Truro, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 232 helpful votes
“Awful , worse massage i have ever had”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

After 14 years of visiting asia several times yearly this is the first truly horrible massage ive ever had , grumpy staff, I had in theory a 1 hour massage , after 35 minutes the lady walked out i assumed she went to the bathroom my friend was getting massged next to me 15 minutes later when is finished his masseur said to me mine was finished also!! Hilarious!! When going downstairs both the people massage us with foot massaging other people!!

At least he got 50minutes! I wouldnt have minded so much if she told me it was over after 35minutes as the massage i got was awful and i could have gone across the street for a coffee rather than lying there like a muppet.

Much better places in Vientaine.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank cornish-scrumpy
Redwood City, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Excellent Lao Style Massages”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I went for a couples massage. Started off well when they gave us a mini foot massage and thoroughly cleaned our feet then led us into the massage room where they presented us with very large cotton pajama style clothes to wear during the massage. Perhaps the clothing is necessary because the Lao massage was pretty physical. Limbs get extended and flexed. Would have felt self conscious without covering.

My husband had a masseur and I a masseuse. Both therapists were very good. We thoroughly enjoyed the massages and plan to return tomorrow for different treatments.

The Aircon was a bit noisy,as others have mentioned, with no new-age music to drown out the noise, but frankly we hardly noticed and it didn't affect our enjoyment. The spa was clean and attractive. Quite professional.

Visited October 2012
Canberra
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Seriously, Think twice....disappointed”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went for an aromatherapy massage at the Champas Spa on the Mekong. I was massaged by a man who during the massage popped out of the room without saying anything. When he came back into the room he asked me if i wanted my head massaged....i said no. He asked, do you want your neck massaged, i said yes, so he said to to turn over, sit up...then i heard a "click...click mob camera" then he slipped it into his white coat pocket....so goodness knows where that photo is going to end up! Given that i just had a towel draped over the lower half! Also very expensive compare to others. Given my experience today i will go elsewhere and won't be recommending this spa.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Ennor
Red Cliff, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Seriously, go somewhere else!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went there with my partner for massage, facial and a manicure. When we saw the prices we quickly jumped at the opportunity, but learned that you get what you pay for. I started out in the same room as my partner for my facial and his massage. My partner described his massage as an 'oil bath.' During his massage the therapist asked the gal with me in Laotian (not realizing my husband spoke the language) what she was going to do for an hour massage? The other gal responded to spend half an hour on his arms. My facial was rushed. The manicure was a total joke. There were two manicurists, one working on either arm, and so the shape of my nails did not match. The spa sat me near a desk fan to dry my nails, which of course smudged within 2 minutes of leaving the place. My impression was there were no real professionals there, everyone was in training.

Visited September 2012