“Good Hotel...definitely not worth the price.”
Review of Ansara Hotel

Ansara Hotel
Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I don't really have anything bad to say about this hotel. It was a nice hotel in a quiet street. Excellent location near the riverfront, markets, restaurants and easy walking distance to some great temples like the Wat Sis Saket, Har Phra Keaw. The hotel itself has a peaceful feel with a nice garden and a temple adjacent to it.

But all that aside, I feel the the hotel is significantly overpriced for what you get. The rooms were alright - nothing special, the breakfast very so so, service average. The location is great but its not like they have anything exclusive, plenty of hotels and guesthouses in the same neighborhood.

Now if this hotel was priced say in the $50-65 a night range, I would be raving about it, but at the $100 a night range, I was expecting so much more. I stayed there just for one night and would have been pretty disappointed if I had stayed here longer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in August. The room was clean and the hotel staff are friendly. The breakfast selection was fantastic - especially loved the pho. The hotel is well located in the center and it is very close to the night market. This is a comfortable place to stay but it is one of the pricier options in Vientiane. The one thing that bothered us was that the WiFi password was changed daily and we spent quite some time fiddling before we called the front desk and were the told of the change.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lydia T
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just spent a few nights at this hotel, outstanding in every way, right down to the lap top computer in each guest room. The rooms are beautifully appointed, the service is warm, friendly and efficient. Breakfast was great, while the dinner we had in the restaurant was simply delicious. A great hotel and an enjoyable experience, would not stay anywhere else in Vientiane.

Tom and Sue Ultmann

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We loved our stay at Ansara.
Rooms decorated with taste, TV, fast internet. All in all the perfect place to enjoy our first stay in Vientiane.
We were very pleased with the staff and did not experience any problem (as I saw in another review).
Ver good hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

A lovely colonial style hotel in the heart of the city. Just 50m from the boulevard. The staff is friendly and service minded. I loved the breakfast. No swimming pool and no private parking.

Rooms are not big but very comfortable with TV and laptop (but who needs that when in Vientiane)

Their restaurant also served lunch & diner and it looks good but we had lunch at Makphed around the corner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I almost don't want to say how good this hotel is, in case I can never get in again! We thought everything about it was excellent. We had one of the suites, which was in the Balinese style, including the high pitched ceiling, and a four-poster bed with a mosquito net over it - it's not that you actually need the net, but it was very romantic! The extra touches were really nice - we each got a gift on check-in, a bottle of wine for my husband and a beautiful silk scarf for me - I was really touched. I can't understand what other reviewers mean about the service - it was attentive and thoughtful, but discreet and under-stated, not like all the 'in-your-face' American-style "have a nice day" service that has become the norm now. I thought the staff were charming and gracious - even the gardeners said hello to us every morning on our way to breakfast. I loved this hotel, and I would definitely go back myself and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, spend a little extra for a suite - they aren't expensive, and they're...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpencerTed
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have stayed here many times and its always been good.
I do agree with other reviews, the service is erratic, sometimes its fine, other times its very slow and distracted. It has not poiled my view of this little gem of a hotel.
Great location for the main areas of town, the river, eateries and bars.
Rooms are well equipped and clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business