“Not good for stay”

Saysouly Guest House
Saysouly Guest House
Ranked #113 of 202 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Hotel looks big outside but when you get in room ,it was much diferent .Room was dirty,smell sheet,sometime you could see cracks running around.i asked manager about this . Manager said we would come and check but they did not come until i went to sleep . I could not sleep for whole night because of sound from insects
This is the worst place i have ever stayed
I left very early after one night

Room Tip: room on high floors
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 18, 2014

After I moved in I did some reading and realized I might be under threat of bedbugs. Fortunately my room had no problem but there were lots of flies, cracks around the windows and doors, lots of ants in the bathroom, and a toilet that wouldn't completely flush unless a bucket of water was poured in! The overall state of the room was grubby with smudged walls with lots of bug-squash. The day I left I took a snap of a cleaner pouring hot/near boiling water over the mattress and bed frame of another room that had had bedbugs problems.
On the plus side the internet worked but slowly and the front desk person tried his best to be friendly despite the many problems he must have to deal with.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2014

+ very central location
+ cheap
o friendly but incompetent staff
- there were bedbugs in two of the rooms I stayed in. Management refused to take over the costs for the necessary hot wash of my clothes at a nearby laundrette
- the sink came off the wall while I was in one room; the same almost happened in the second room I stayed in. After some internal miscommunication between staff and management both problems could be fixed however.
- rooms are not particularly clean
- parquet floor is broken
- curtain rods are partly broken
- no batteries in the TV remote control
- no warm water availabe in one of the rooms I was shown
- WiFi is free but instable; also the repeater near my room was apparently under repair for a whole week

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This guesthouse is ok - looks nice until you really settle in and get to know everything that doesn't work. When we got here, we asked if there was wifi - they assured us there was wifi in the rooms. As soon as we paid and got into the room, we tried and it wouldn't work. Each time we had to remind them it wasn't working, they kept saying "tomorrow it will be fixed" and it never ended up getting fixed. There were SO many misquitoes in our room - I spend all night killing them, only to find new ones coming in. Couldn't seem to find where they were entering. The toilet wouldn't stop running so there was constantly trickling coming from the bathroom. The twos positive are that the bed was very comfortable and it's in a good area. Everytime we went to the front to ask a question or for help, we were always told to come back later when someone else would have the answer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights here in January 2014 in a private single room with shared bathroom. For 50'000kip per night I have no complaints whatsoever. A comfortable bed, enough bathroom facilities with hot water and a nice balcony area which to relax in making use of the free wifi. It's in a great location very close to the heart of the city but also pretty quiet. In a city where you can end up paying much more this is a perfect budget option.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonny H
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in a twin room with bathroom (12,000kip per night). The room was large with TV, fridge and AC. As some have said the place is a little grubby and quite run down in parts but the beds were comfy and the sheets clean and we found no evidence of bed bugs. The bathroom was far from spotless and the basin was hanging off the wall but the hot shower worked well.

We found the staff friendly and they spoke sufficient English to get by, we didn't book any trips or tickets through them so can't say how helpful they would be on that front.

It's in a great location on a quiet side street but very close to the night market along the riverside, plenty of local and western restaurants nearby.

Would recommend it if you're looking for a decent sized room in a good location on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Despite negative reviews on tripadvisor, we had presant experience. It's nothing special GH, but located very good location. They have nice open patio area on the gorund floor and the 2nd floor. The street they're facing is relatively quiet and there are many budget restaurants nearby. The restuarnt directly across from the hotel is very cheap. A Thai women who lived in Japan for 20 years run the place. She is a fun character. Be warned that beer/pop in the mini-fridge are not free. You must pay when you check-out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple