“Very nice sidewalk bar and restaurant”
Review of Xayoh restaurant

Xayoh restaurant
Ranked #207 of 410 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Samba Xayoh is an Authentic Brazilian Barbecue House that serves world-renowned Premium Meats Cuts, as an "ALL YOU CAN EAT" Restaurant, with typical Brazilian service style known as "RODIZIO" where Passadores (Meat Carvers) rotate from table to table service 8-10 different types of skewers. Just sit back and enjoy the experience.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

A little pricey, but a very nice location and the food and service are wonderful. Not a bad place to just sit and enjoy yourself. Situated directly across the street from the Lao Hall of Culture and the National Museum, the location is very convenient, and the staff are all very friendly.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We read the reviews... This was supposed to be the place for an outstanding hamburger. While some others in our dining party had steak that they enjoyed (not the usual shoe-leather beef one sees in the Lao PDR), two of us had hamburgers which did not live up to expectations. The hamburger meat was shredded, not ground, and there was at least one piece of bone the size of a pea. The meat is mixed with some other substance and a lot of MSG, and pan fried. It falls apart if you try to eat it sandwich style. Serving size was ok, but just not at all the taste we wanted (pure flame-broiled beef had been our hope). One hour after the meal, two of us had pounding headaches, and not just because of the disappointment. Clientele is almost purely expats and prices are high but not exorbitant. They have free wifi, by the way.

2  Thank Bonbonmontreal
GMINTHIRA, General Manager at Xayoh restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear customer,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your burger at Xayoh. Burgers are one of our signature dishes and everyday , we make a lot of customers very happy serving them.

Apparently something went wrong with yours. I will meet right away with the Chef and try to understand what happened with the meat patty.
I will write to you seperately in order to collect more details about your meal.

We will take immediate action to make sure we continue to serve delicious burgers !

Best regards,

Sombath,
Xayoh Grill House

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

After 5 months of travelling southeast Asia I had given up on finding a decent steak as a break from the normal local cuisine, until here!! Ok it's much more expensive than your average meal out here but we felt like treating ourselves and it did not disappoint! Great wine, superb steak cooked to perfection, tasty sides and one huge salad for starters! To finish we had a rather impressive lime cheesecake which completed our amazing experience. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Lambchop187
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was not intended to dine here at first because the place I wanted was fully booked. I was so tired & hungry. Then, I passed your restaurant. It attracted me bacause of the location, decor and welcoming faces of your staffs. I sat ourside to feel the cool breeze and fresh air..TH edrink and food came quite fast. smell & look good. I had fish (I do not eat meats), it's lovely, taste good.Small thin should be improved like Breads - should get a good quality one (if you do yourself, then you should change the bakery cook). In general, I do not feel any sorry to eat here and I will come back again if I pass Vientiene in future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Convenient,y located close to our hotel. The service and food were excellent. The waiters were all very friendly. We could not believe how quickly our food came out. Everything was piping hot and delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

We originally wanted to eat outside but the weather was not great so we moved inside. Dining out would have been great.