“OK but............”

Xayoh restaurant
Ranked #206 of 405 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Samba Xayoh is an Authentic Brazilian Barbecue House that serves world-renowned Premium Meats Cuts, as an "ALL YOU CAN EAT" Restaurant, with typical Brazilian service style known as "RODIZIO" where Passadores (Meat Carvers) rotate from table to table service 8-10 different types of skewers. Just sit back and enjoy the experience.
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Popped in for a meal after work and clearly the trade was slow but the staff were welcoming and attentive. The AC was either off or on low because there were so many flies around tht it was hard to eat or have our drinks without brushing them away. Fabulously fresh garlic bread and bruschetta. The mixed platter was great value for money but mu husband's steak looked pasty in colour and not I would have expected for a medium rare cooked steak. May be I was thinking abit too much of a pseudo Hard Rock Cafe but it was abit a disappointment but I have to give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt and try it out on a busy evening and maybe it'll be better.

There are newer reviews for Xayoh restaurant

Reviewed April 4, 2012

The place looks great don't get me wrong. Sometimes when one is travelling, you just need some western style food as a break from Asian which is why I went here. I ordered the rib starter and tenderloin main.
They both came out at the same time which was disappointing. The ribs were in a delicious sauce. However, I agree with another reviewer saying that the steaks are pre-cooked. Mine was cold and not cooked to order. You just know when a steak has been freshly cooked and this wasn't. The red wine sauce I ordered just tasted like gravy. The 'chef' was doing the rounds of the tables and obviously all the cooking was left to his assistant so it was all show.
I then ordered apple crumble with vanilla ice-cream. This too was cold and the vanilla ice cream had coconut in it which didn't really go with the crumble and it's not mentioned on the menu. Not everyone likes coconut. I left most of it.
The waiting staff were nice and attentive.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone though on my experience. If you're going to have this sort of western oasis then at least get it right! And given the chef walking round is French, there's no excuses.

1  Thank Anatomicol
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I spent 4 days in Vientiane and enjoyed 3 afternoons here, sampling the various types of meat and the ever wonderful Lao beer. The waiters were friendly and the meat excellent. It was more expensive than the average food in laos but it was worth it.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have recently moved to Vientiane and found myself craving steak. We went to Xayoh and my steak was amazing I left satisfied and couldn't wait to return.

When I did return however it was like visiting a different restaurant my steak came out cold, it looked cooked but obviously is pre cooked then grilled again when ordered. My partner and I both sent our steaks back where they preceded to slice them down the middle and grill them again to heat them. I took a bite of my steak and immediately removed it from my mouth as it tasted foul. I tried to explain to the waiter the steak was past its used by date and even tried to make him smell it as it smelt off. My potatoes were old and beans dry this was directly in contrast to my first visit.

I was really disappointed as if I only went to this restaurant once based on my first meal i would have given 5 stars, but the second visit has turned me off for life.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We ate here on our first night in Vientiane and it satisfied pur craving for steak and chips! The service was good and the choices on the menu are good ( its for carnivores though). All in all we would recommend this if you are looking for something western!