Family Boutique Hotel
Lao Plaza Hotel(Vientiane)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat place for the pricerestaurants and shoppingroom windowgreat managerreasonable selectionfree wifiroom facilitiesnice hotelfour starbook busrice soupbreakfast was deliciouscentral locationplenty of hot waterlao plaza hotelvientiane cityjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I didn't like nothing but just the men for breakfast needs to change..varieties do not mean by changing 1/3 menu everyday.They need to varies the menu selections,international,asian,mid east.. But yet,the foods are still good esp the bread selection..just loving it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomas s
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I paid about 35 dollars a night for a single room, if I recall correctly. Some others mention this already but judging by the photos, I'm fairly certain depending on how much you pay or the room you select, your entire experience here changes.

Me personally, for the room I stayed in, I think the place was a bit overpriced. No windows and SO MANY mosquitoes. Can live without the windows but was amazed with the amount of mosquitoes everywhere. Maybe this is unavoidable in Vientiane? I don't know. The senior manager who seemed to run another hotel was helpful - I wish I was able to speak to him more. Reason being, his younger colleagues running the day to day operations were not helpful at all. Some seemed to care, which is nice, but many didn't seem to. Needless to say there was a tremendous difficulty communicating too. My fault I don't speak Laotian, but...

Pros: awesome shower with hot water, very good location, good breakfast.

Cons: 100000 mosquitoes, unhelpful staff who you can't communicate with in English too well, and a bit overpriced for what they offer, I feel.

All and all not bad but didn't think highly of the place as other reviewers so wanted to write my thoughts down.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

It probably isn't the worst wifi in Laos.. But it's the worst out of 7 hotels we've stayed at and worse than the wifi in any bar or restaurant that we've been to. If you need it then don't stay here.

Our room was tiny and only had an internal window out to the corridor. This meant it was hot, stuffy and lit up like Christmas at night. Sleep quality is poor.

Breakfast is ok.

Location is good and the staff are nice (and they fixed our broken aircon really quickly). The shower is excellent.

We also stayed at the Aroon Residence in Vientiane. That has better rooms, better breakfasts, better wifi and is cheaper so if you are ok being 10minutes further out of town then you should probably stay there.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grant_UK
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Disappointing at best. Construction site next door. Signage in the lobby apologized for the noise stating the site would be in operation from 8.30am daily. Sunday, 2nd March 2014 and the site began at 6.30am after a wedding in the forecourt next door had gone until midnight the previous evening. We had a room on the 4th floor with a window onto the corridor and there was barely a 15cm gap in between the two single beds. The air conditioning didn't work properly and the room was full of Mosquitos. The only positive was a comparatively decent shower when compared to previous guest houses we'd stayed in Laos. I'd give this place a miss.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Pretty nice rooms, simple and clean. Staff were nice, and breakfast was standard, not great but not bad. Location was pretty good, a short walk to the fountain, and the riverside. Pretty good value stay, and would recommend to anyone on a mid to low budget stay

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends