Family Boutique Hotel
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgreat place for the pricerestaurants and shoppingroom windowgreat managerreasonable selectionfree wifiroom facilitiesnice hotelfour starbook busrice soupbreakfast was deliciouscentral locationplenty of hot waterlao plaza hotelvientiane cityjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our room was 604 on the top floor, and it was TINY! We asked for a King Double room and we could barely make room for our bags. The front desk was on and off in terms of service. Often when we went downstairs to ask for help from the front desk the staff would be sitting on Facebook or surfing the Web in other ways. We asked for a Taxi to go to the Australian Embassy's Medical Clinic and they charged us 80 000 kip there and our driver got lost 4 times on the way and kept having to make another phone call. When we returned to the hotel we were able to get a taxi for 30 000 kip. We were very disappointed in the thieving taxi driver THEY had suggested for us. Besides that the room was cleaned, but hot water did not work well. Again, like I first said, there are many other good budget hotels for less. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you see the room before paying or choosing it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great value if you consider the included breakfast (each guest can choose two of eight options). The rooms were clean, management was helpful, and the location is good. The bathrooms were large, and everything worked (A/C, hot water heater, etc.). Nothing fancy, but solid all around.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

nice bathroom. nice air-condition. the best part is the super comfortable bed. feels like want to sleep all day long. near to fountain, near to night market, near to That Dam (Black Stupa), near to convenient store.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

My first time in Lao. Bit of a hassle getting there what with the visa and the number of transport legs I had to take getting there. So the warm welcome I received at Family Hotel made the journey worth it. Can't fault the hotel in every way but I must warn people getting a taxi from Friendship Bridge to Vientiane. They are thieving robbing crooks. Advertised fare is 300 Baht (the only good thing is they take Thai currency so no need to change money) Five minutes into the journey the driver tells me it is now 600 Baht to centre. I said "no you said 300" He said no 300 and get out now or 600 to centre. I stuck to my guns. He got really aggressive shouting at me to get out but I didn't. Ok I'm brave or stupid however you look at it but I'm concerned other people will be ripped off or kicked out in the middle of nowhere. Get a bus - they are frequent and stupidly cheap - I learnt later. Back to the hotel - comfortable, central, lovely decor, good breakfast and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank nsaul123
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It is located opposite of Lao Plaza Hotel and near Talat Sao(morning market) and South Bus Station for long distant bus to Thailand. Many small shops around but closed early. It is convenient for short visit travelers with budget expense. Rooms are clean but small in size and the shower and water heater are installed too high for guests. The quantity and choice of breakfast is limited and nominal.

Room Tip: Any room is similar, standardized with false window.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple