“Pizza dissapointing”

Aria Italian Culinary Arts
Ranked #32 of 410 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian Restaurant, imported Italian products, true STG neapolitan pizza, pasta, risotti, meat and fish. Italian Management, only at Aria Restaurant!! Come and try our new exclusive menu featured by our Italian Chef.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have been travelling in Asia for two months and as others have mentioned it is nice to get a break from rice and noodle soup. I love thinly topped wood fired thin crust pizza so was looking forward to a treat. We noticed after our pizza arrived that other tables had a complimentary bread basket. We were never offered this.
On to the pizza itself. I allowed it to cool then held a slice in my hand. How dissapointing as the slice bent almost in half as the centre was soggy. I believe that a good pizza of this type should have a consistent crust and be able to hold its own weight As we ate towards the crust we noticed a burnt flavour and on turning it over noticed charred spots.
The restaurant is spotless and the rest of the menu sounds interesting. But my comments are purely for the pizza

Reviewed February 25, 2013

After eating at Aria twice I've tried some dishes ranging from good to great. One time I tried a variety of the entrees (appetisers) at a large gathering and many were delicious. The steak is delicious! The limoncello at the end is a nice touch

1  Thank Fred_Nerkos
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went to Aria one lunchtime to enjoy the buffet, having spent plenty of time sampling the great Southeast Asian food. Aria provided a good selection of salad, some great pasta - both as part of the ready-made buffet and also as dishes that you can order from a specific menu. The pizza was fantastic too - always some there fresh from the wood fired oven. All authentic Italian made.

Good value - won't need to eat again for the rest of the day. It's quite business-oriented over lunch time.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Looking for a bit of western food? in the mood for a pizza after a few nights of rice?
Then Aria is definetely the place to be!
Truly delicious pizza's (I recommend the vegatarian pizza) and great service..

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was really surprised (and excited) to find a real Neapolitan pizzeria in Vientiane! It's very hard to find good pizza in Asia - most places cook American/Asian style pizza. I've been to Naples, I lived in Italy - I can confirm that Aria is offering proper, delicious pizzas! With super extensive wine list and home made pasta - it's surely a place to visit on your Laos trip!

1  Thank DenisDuster