“Very, very good”

Ranked #27 of 409 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Good Wines selection. Amazing french food. Sincere owner-operator.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Excellent food in a nice setting. We went for the lunch menu, which is tremendous value for money: 80.000 kio for a three course lunch. Mackerel with mustard cream, simple and delicious, courgette soup was perfect, pasta with chicken, catfish with clams were a treat, and the deserts were simple but perfect: crepes chocolate and crème caramel. The bread was really good, service was non-intrusive and excellent. Back packers, fork out at least once those 80.000 baht and get some real good french food.

There are newer reviews for L'Adresse - Cuisine by Tinay

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were supposed to go somewhere else for our last dinner in Laos but this place was too pretty to ignore so we changed our mind and had dinner there instead. We loved everything about the place! It's a lovely option if you want to treat yourself at the end of your journey or simply a lover of good food. I had my first duck there and it was amazing. The service was impeccable and there is a distinctive feeling that the people at that restaurant wanted you to enjoy their food as much as they do. I did enjoy mine, thoroughly. 100 percent.

3  Thank BeautifulFreak
Reviewed February 17, 2013

...by the owners (thanks for a sample of your lemoncello), waitstaff and delicious food. Sat inside the high ceiling modern room.

2  Thank jwsmd3
Reviewed February 10, 2013

In l'adresse de Tinay we really have got are best dinner in vientiane. The food was excellent - the service superbe - the staff very gentil and the atmosphere very nice. The interior is real modern but still very cosy and charming. And the little nap of their own prepared licor that we recieved after dinner from the lady host was wonderfull. i can recommend evrybody to have dinner in this restaurant. Ce ne serait pas trop demande d'etre un restaurant etoile.
thank you for evrything !!!

2  Thank Frank V
Reviewed January 30, 2013

L'Adresse de Tinay is really a great address for the epicurean in Ventiane. The capital city of the small People's Republic of Laos is one of the best "adresses" for good food, no kidding. I was impressed about the available offer. And, if your desire is to go for French cuisine, l'Adresse the Tinay is THE ADDRESS. I wanted to invite the leader of our scientific expedition, who loves good food, to a great place in Veniane, and, following Tripadvisor, I selected this restaurant. But firstly I needed to survey the premises. It really presents itself very well, it is stylish, and very "Parisian". Then, I enquired about vegetarian food. The selection, as in any French restaurant (French love their saucissons and pathes!), was poor. But our guest is not vegetarian, and everything seemed perfect to have a much pleasant evening, which we had.
Once we got there (only after reservation, as the place can be easily full), the Lady of the Manor, a real French lady, presented us with the menu. I was a bit at a loss, as almost everything had meat. So, I ordered an entree with 7 different goat cheese "spring rolls" and then a Nicoise salad, which needed be transformed for my vegetarianism. No tapenade, as it has anchovies. The cook needed to come up with an interpretation. He proposed an eggplant variation of the tapenade. So far, so good. The "chevre spring rolls" as I have nicknamed them, were really a great way to play with goat cheese. Each roll was diferent, one with dill, one with oregano, one with chilli and so on. Then, the Nicoise was really tasty. I must salute the cook, as it was not easy to take a meat-lover (French) salad and change it for a vegetarian, who must be almost a sacrilege in French cuisine. But, this is the beauty of being in Laos, French can be declined in Indo-Chinese, and transformed to improvement.
The "Lady of the Manor" is more than willing to tell you about ingredients and experimentation, and she is, undoubtedly, very, very nice (and classy).
The selection of wines is superb, and service very good. So, why had I not given Excellent, but Very Good? It is very simple. If I had not gone to eat at Gaggan in Bangkock, I would have given a 5, but I did eat at Gaggan. Thus, I obviously compared the two. What L'Adresse de Tinay still lacks to be a 5 is that strive to break the rules that Gaggan has. Overall, L'Adresse is still a French restaurant, classic and classy. Gaggan had transformed wholly a classic Indian cuisine into a new cuisine, something only genial cooks can do. Nevertheless, I have faith in "the Lady of the Manor". She strikes me as an intelligent woman, and I believe she can push the cook to explore and bend the classic French cuisine. I also appreciated her honesty in talking about how they would not "sell" them as a vegetarian place, as it would be untrue. But ou have to challenge them. And, if you do, I bet that it will be only to the best. The cuisine will evolve into something more peculiar, more "Vientiane" than Paris. Ultimately, I liked the place, the atmosphere, the "Lady". I have not found a restaurant as pleasant as L'Adresse de Tinay in my visits to France, where I really had a hard, hard time as a veg!