“CENTRALLY LOCATED.”

Ranked #15 of 94 Hotels in Vientiane
Batemans Bay, Australia
“CENTRALLY LOCATED.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed here four nights. Staff were very helpful and attentive. My room was exceptionally clean and well serviced. Internet good and a safe in room. Breakfast was included also free delivery to the airport which I wasn't aware was included until the final day. My only complaint was that it took 24 hours to get me a key that worked my door.Location is handy to food, shops and the river.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Bev063

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

When I arrived they told me they had a group of business men who had booked out the rooms a few days prior to my arrival. Even though I had made my booking first, the manager decided to throw out my reservation and put me up in another hotel. I agreed to this as long as the hotel was of the same quality. He assured me it was and that it was also located in the city center. He lied. I'm now at the Leuxay Hotel, which I've been told by the reception here is a good 15 minute walk from the center. The rooms are old, dirty and could be booked for $40/night online. (I paid $60/night for the Sabaidee) If you're a large group of business traveling men, then feel free booking here, but if you're not keep in mind you might be kicked out at the last minute to something you could've paid much less for. When I travel half way around the world I want to book a place that I can feel secure will be there for me when I arrive. This place does not offer that sort of security, and apparently has a deceitful manager.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Brad224
Bangkok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel answered all the basic requirement for the value hotel in VTE. Reasonable priced, very good value indeed. Breakfast was included in the room rate, not the very good around but it gets by IMO. Very bright @ clean rooms, comfortable bed and good sleep quality. Very strong free WIFI everywhere and free terminals in lobby. Excellent staff in all departments. And lastly, superb location with possibility to get to most of VTE city attractions on foot.

And as they are not 5 stars, bathroom was small, amenities are few and down to very few essentials (shampoo, soap, shower cap and probably that's it), no hair dryer provided so it could be tricky. But they have smaller LCD TV with decent channels and safe deposit box so it's OK.

Higher floor's rooms are quieter, room on the back side of the tower behind should have better view of the black pagoda.

Will stay there again for my quick trip in Viengchan.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bom2535
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Nice hotel, very central, walking distance to restaurants, shopping,and riverfront. Buffet breakfast nice and staff were friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NZMac
Bangkok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

The rooms are very spacious and clean with good facilities. However breakfast is usually bad - both quality of the food and quantity. Often they run out and very slow to replace. Or some food like the scrambled eggs sits over the heat until it is dried out. It would take very little extra effort to get this right - have stayed here 4 times and the same each time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

We had the best time at this hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful and speak English. Free internet (5 terminals) Rooms very spacious with balcony, breakfast room so charming (inside and outside eating), gorgeous water fountain. When we boarded our tour bus at end of stay the whole staff lined up to wave us off and this gave us such a warm fuzzy feeling. A great hotel that ticks all our boxes.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

oh where to begin...

We arrived to the hotel on March 14th to be told that due to unexpected 'government bookings' there was no longer a room for the first evening. When we asked if this effected all non nationals we were told yes even though there were non nationals coming and going at the reception! Anyway they said they had a room of equal quality in the hotel beside us and since we did not seem to have a choice we gave it a look. The room/ hotel in question truely was a budget hotel and elements of it were the dirtiest I have seen - for the hotel to suggest this was a disgrace. Anyway after trying to get us to stay in a hotel outside the city they eventually told us there was a room after all! Mmmm...

The room was fine to be honest, for the price was not not expecting too much. The noise was very putting off though - there is a lot of building in the area and you could hear everything in the corridor

Too echo another posting, I have never ever had such a bad breakfast. The coffee was undrinkable and there was simply no food in the other plates !- no attempt to replace earlier servings was made at all with no one asking if we needed anything.

The Internet in the lobby was very welcome - if you could use it! They had a sign up saying that the computers were down even though it was obvious they were working. I think they did not want people in the lobby given the government officials.

At the time I pardoned much by the fact that the National Conference was on last week and they were obviously under pressure. But does this explain such a service to other guests?

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple