“Chilean food in Lao!”
Review of Bacan Cafe

Bacan Cafe
Ranked #39 of 549 Restaurants in Vientiane
Description: Bacán Café opened on September 18, 2018. It is the First Authentic Chilean & Latin American Café in Laos (Run by Chilean-Lao owners). As well as providing Coffee and Non-Coffee Beverages, our local baristas know that great espresso takes more than pushing a button. We work hard to deliver great taste with our strong home blend Lao coffee, similar to the way coffee is served in Chile and Latin America. Vegetable based milk options are available for cold/hot drinks and smoothies. Fresh homemade Bakery options and Chilean Sweets. (Vegan options also available). Bacán Café will surely match your expectations and fit your budget, we offer Breakfast and Lunch, a variety of salads, sandwiches and Chilean Empanadas. We also serve Tacos, Quesadillas and other Latin American favorites (including vegetarian, and vegan). With free WiFi, two floors with ample sitting options, Bacán Café is an ideal place for studying, working, or meeting for small groups.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

American expat here, enjoyed lunch with my Lao wife recently at this cute eatery, much more than a coffee shop as it appears...full Chilean/Latin menu plus Asian food too! I opted for the Tuesday special, two chicken tacos loaded with meat and tasty salsa and veggies, plentiful order and cheese included (extra at some places). My lady had the Asian cashews with seafood and rice, her’s was just average...no spice as the locals want but still a good portion. We also shared an appetizer of guacamole with sopaitillos (Chilean bread made with pumpkin) tasty and homemade. Only drawback was a loudmouth American teenage girl talking about her eighteenth birthday for the whole world to know, annoying to the max. We’ll go back soon after she’s left the country!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed August 24, 2019

This restaurant is one of the best i have ever been. Fresh&tasty food, reasonable price and the staff are kind and nice. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

I’m from Chile so finding this place after 5 months away from home was a gift. I had the completo italiano which is an upgraded hot dog (with tomato, avocado and mayo) and for real it was even better than home, they also made their own bread so it was amazing!! César and Pili made me feel like home, I never leave reviews but I felt it was worth this time, I highly recommend his place

Reviewed August 16, 2019

Great food and drinks!
The beef of beef taco is a bit hard. I recommend the chicken taco more
The chocolate cream frappe is the best i ever had!!!!

Date of visit: August 2019
Cesar-Escarate, Owner at Bacan Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your positive comments. I apologies that our Beef Taco did not exceed your standard, since it is one of our best selling taco. We use imported, and non-local beef for all our beef menu, and that helps us to serve a quality product and at an affordable price. We’re really grateful for your feedback and look forward to serving you again! Best Regards!

Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

We order the Sandwich (Barros Luco) and the Beef Quesadilla and it was delicious!!!! They gave us a side of Guacamole, that was out of another planet :).
Then we tried the Fish Taco, and it was just exactly like home ( I'm Mexican).

The Chicken and Beef Empanada its very good, my partner is from Chile and she almost cry of happiness haha.

We decided to go back to next day because the food was amazing and the staff super friendly.