“Louzy hotel”

Vong Kham Sene Hotel
Ranked #57 of 93 Hotels in Vientiane
“Louzy hotel”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel not fully recommended to tourist. Room aircond not really function. I stay at room 102 1st floor. The room so hot. Bathroom the shower no hot water n smell. Parking is very limited. The service very poor. Bellboy not helping at all. I just cancelled my stay in viantine n move to NongKhai Jusg cross the border

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Sulaiman Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

spent two days, had to change room after the first night. first room dark and damp. Second room ok but overpriced.

we handed in some laundry, total rip off. cost us more than the room. Hotel staff tried to fool us by adding another kilo of laundry on the bill. even after weighing refused to reduce the bill accordingly.

breakfast boring and staff rather unfriendly. Internet weak and buggy

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa H

Travelers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel just served us for an overnight stay for our morning trip to airport in morning. We booked the hotel for a few days before at the front desk. We left a small deposit and hoped the two rooms would be all good on checkin.
We booked tons twin room and one double room. The double room was actually much smaller than the twin including smaller bathroom.
Positives :
-- centrally located
-- hotel was quiet at night
-- bed was comfortable as were pillows
-- airconditionjng, fan, tv working
-- wifi in room was fast and reliable
-- felt safe
-- room clean enough
Negatives :
-- service very average
-- breakfast was horrible, yes it is true, egg dishes were cold, we needed to eat elsewhere
-- no safe in room
-- it was $70,00 US dollars for two rooms and really no breakfast
In summary, if we had our way again, would probably look around for something else, still centrally located, not include in house breakfast and pay less a night. It did however serve its purpose for a comfortable night sleep.

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Hi all

I was in Laos vietianne and quickly went to book a room with them for 2 nights starting from 3 days later. The receptionists advice me and my friend to paid a deposit of one night to secure the room which is facing the main road and we mention to him that we will be back late on the day we are suppose to check in. Thereafter 3 days when we went back to the hotel at about 11pm, to my horror, the room was given to someone else. They gave me another room which is facing someone yard which I told them that is not what I book. The receptionists then gave us the excuse that it was our fault that we are not there during the check in time but we did mention to them on the time of check in and paid 1 day lodging for them in advance. It was totally unacceptable and unprofessional. The dont even feel apologetic at all and start to blame us for checking late. They also gave an excuse that what happen if we dont turn up on that night but i told them you could jolly well forfeith our deposit for 1 night if we didnt turn up. I would not recommend traveller to stay there, you might be like me.

Room Tip: Even you pay them cash deposit for 1 day, they still cant secure the room for you so you may just wa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Saywee
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 17, 2012

A couple years ago when this place was new, I used to stay in their ground floor rooms for 20 dollars and thought it was a decent deal. Now they charge 26 dollars for the same rooms, but they haven't been updated since they opened. The room itself, although a bit worn, is still pretty clean, but the air-con is dirty/moldy and doesn't cool properly. I got a head cold after staying there, which may or may not have been a coincidence. Also, they have a sign that says "free breakfast" but when I left the room at 7 am, I didn't see any breakfast. Check out the "Family Hotel" which is a little further from the river, but newer and slightly cheaper.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2012

For around 30 dollars you can get a small room for 2 persons. The towels and linnen are clean and laundry service does also an acceptible job for 30,000 kip per kg - better then the 10,000/kg-shops found outside (my clothes smelled like cooked chicken when I got them back). Tho 30,000/kg is expensive in comparison to the laundry shops in Thailand who do the job better for less money.

The room was not that clean. It is cleaned, as we say in the Netherlands, like the French do. Only the front. Especially the bathroom look dirty, but there was hot! water to kill most of the nasty bacteria that live there.

Breakfast is disappointing. Omelet or scrambled eggs - which had no difference beside the fact that the scrambled eggs looked, well, scrambled. I think my 25-year old motorcycle can run on the fluid which was mentioned as 'coffee' on the menu.

For South-East Asia it is very expensive for the service and quality you get for 30 dollars.

Because of bad experiences with some other hotels the 3 nights before we could get a good night's rest tho. The bed felt comfortable, but nothing like home.

And no cockroaches - that's a big plus.

I am from the Netherlands but live in Thailand since 1 year. I live on a low budget but even in SEA is crap for your money unacceptable. In Vientiane I've paid more for worse and less for the same quality. Good place to stay for a visa-run - if you do want some more privacy and quality than a guesthouse.

There is a decent Wi-Fi connection available and the TV has a lot of channels (also English). No flatscreen but one of those old just-after-the-black-&-white-era TV's - thing did his job.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My favourite hotel did not have a vacancy for my last night in Vientiane so I needed somewhere to stay. I left it to the last minute and paid for that! Everything was grubby - as if a 2 year old who had been eating honey had touched everything. The shower had no hot water, the drainage in the sink was staggeringly slow and the whole bathroom looked like it had been cleaned on a monthly basis. The airconditioner sounded like a Russian plane and there are no screens on the window so I got very little sleep. I would not recommend it. The only thing going for it were the friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business