“Perfect place to stay in Vientiane”
Review of Hotel Khamvongsa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vientiane
Hotel Khamvongsa
Ranked #4 of 202 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 18, 2010

I booked 3 night at the Khamvongsa after reading many good reviews on Tripadvisor. I was definitely not disappointed. My room was huge with a Kingsize bed and a large bathroom. The room was very clean, the safe in the room gave extra security. TV, Fridge and day bed added to the comfort. The breakfast included gave a wide range of choices. The staff was very attentive and the locartion of the hotel required only very short walks to the Mekong or to the centre of Vientiane. Free wifi accessenabled me to stay in touch with family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank NorbertW

Reviewed December 7, 2010

At $27 dollars a night, I did not know what to expect, but after reading all the great reviews, I decided to give it a try and I am so glad that I did. It was one of the best hotels of my month long journey. I loved the decor, comfort, and lay out of my single room and I felt as if I was staying in a Viennese mansion. The hotel also serves a wonderful breakfast - I recommend the waffles. I rented a bicycle at the Budget Hostel and rode around the sleepy city. I spent my afternoons lounging at the Settha Palace pool for $7 which included a towel. Eat a delicious Steak au Poivre at the Provencal and try Lao local cuisine at the excellent and cheap riverfront food stalls. Also check out the folk art at Indigo Lao where I bought a cool Hmong necklace. Note: make sure you lock your door at all times and keep all your valuables in the safe - I left my door open for a few minutes to go outside to put mosquito repellent on and when I returned I found a maid going through my armoir - she apologized and ran away. I did not get a good look at her but I reported the incident to the manager.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank rlgm007
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Hands down this hotel offers one of the greatest values I have experienced. Yes, you are in Laos and hotels should be inexpensive but I have literally paid 6 times what I have paid to stay in other parts of the world for similar hotels.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drand
Reviewed December 2, 2010

This was my second time in Vientiane and my second stay here. There is something about it that is very relaxed and relaxing. The rooms are large and attractive, the beds really comfortable, the bathroom/shower is very good, the aircon works perfectly and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately I was only in town one night to catch a flight. Besides wishing I had more time to spend in Vientiane, I really wish I had had more time to spend another night or two in peaceful relaxation at Hotel Khamvongsa.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2010

A lovely hotel at great price. Close to the foods stalls on the mekong. Clean bathroom, lovely clean double bed, very spacious room. Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Stayed there for 3 Nites in Oct/Nov & another 3 Nites in Nov 2010. Lovely rooms, good size and very cozy. Great breakasts - had the best American & European breakfast for a long time. Unlimited servings of Lao Coffee & Juices/Shakes.
Excellent location to some nice coffee-shops and restaurant serving local Lao fare.
Good value for money!

Would be the only Hotel I will stay in future ~ what more can one ask?

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I'd echo the other possitive comments made here about this place.

Lovely rooms, clean, good location, and great breakfast choice (they even let you mix and match).

The only suggestion I have for improvement would be to have some background music in the bar area. It only takes a couple of businessmen on mobiles and laptops to spoil the mood of the communal area. Something fairly light and quiet playing in the background would help alleviate this.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple