“A small Halal Restaurant”

Taj Mahal Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 544 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 10, 2019

A fairly small Halal Indian restaurant. Very basic but clean. No Air Conditioning. Open type with some ventilating fans. The food is nice and prices are reasonable. This is typical of all the Halal / Indian restaurants in Vientiane. They are all very basic small food outlets rather than proper restaurants. The services are basic but the food is enjoyable.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (190)

Reviewed July 10, 2019

The naan is delicious! I had the tiki masala & paneer palek. Tiki masala flavor was fantastic, and I have yet to find a solid paneer palek in Laos, but I will say it is the best I've found. I usually get rice but I was so satisfied with the huge piece of naan that I would just double up on that again. Very well priced menu.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Really lovely and tasty food! Very cheap considered the quality of the food.My friends indain food very good. That nice restaurant and norml price good food.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

We had an Aloo Paratha, Paneer Butter Masala with 2 cheese and garlic naan, veg briyani, 2 big Beerlao and 1 Masala tea. EVERYTHING was ORGASMIC, only the tea had barely masala flavor and they didn't do it with sugar. We paid for this 114k (11.7 Euro).

The food arrived very quickly and we had a good service. Cheap and excellent taste. Who cares about fancyness if a place is so tasty and cheap?

If you like Indian food I totally recommend this place.

Date of visit: May 2019
Thank Sebastián André... D
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Cheap, good, fast service. You can eat well for $2-$3. I have always been happy with the food and service here. For me it is the best very cheap Indian restaurant in Vientiane.

Lots of good vegetarian options as well.

Date of visit: March 2019