“Excellent restaurant”

Ranked #50 of 454 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: La Cave Des Chateaux Restaurant is a French fusion restaurant, located in the center of the flourishing Vientiane Capital. First opened in 1998, we are proud to be one of the first restaurants to have ever opened in the beautiful Lao Oasis. We welcome you to indulge yourself with our Lao- French fusion cuisine, balancing perfectly the East and the West into a "lamvong" of fresh local ingredients paired with genuine French wines. Enjoy our comfortable and intimate Colonial Bistro setting, accompanied by seductive smooth jazz and romantic views over Vientiane's historical Namphou Square.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food was really great ,the staff was friendly i shock myself because i was never fan of french food and found myself enjoying the food .i think that the restaurant is welcoming the music is really nice ,i mean everything is nice .I wish i could go eat there again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The location is great, the ambiance is lovely and the staff are attentive. However, when it comes to the food...I must say I was disappointed. We ordered a la carte and picked meat dishes (lamb and chicken). I struggled to find meat on my plate, as the cuts were really fatty. My friend had to use his fingers to eat the lamb, which was also quite fatty and was cooked rather dryly and impossible to cut! For a French restaurant, I was also disappointed with the quality of the bread. Oh, and the chairs are really uncomfortable....

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Been there every time I go to Vientiane...the food is delicious, you feel like eating in France! very nice owner, good ambiance. i definitly recommend this restaurant, very good bbq meat!!

1  Thank sevcarayon
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Went here with a friend for lunch...thought we would try the bbq menu...staff brought an electric bbq to the table...plugged in and then the meat and fish platters arrived...fish and meat very nicely presented...cooking meat an noticed one or two small cockroaches...then more and more...the bbq was removed and as it was lifted up a small army of cockroaches fell out...and we had eaten the main part of our bbq by then...staff were non-plussed by it...flicked the roaches away and smiled...we left but give it a wide berth now...bbq roach? no thanks :(

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The service here is great, the atmosphere friendly and welcoming and the steak was great. The house wine is also really good and cheap too which you don't find very often either in Asia or in France! We will definitely be back next time were are in Vientiane! Don't give up if you don't see the restaurant straight away, it's a bit hidden with the renovation work on the fountain. The restuarant is on the left side as you are facing the Mekong, so on the opposte side from the road.