“Nice Food, Nice Atmosphere”
Review of Khop Chai Deu

Khop Chai Deu
Ranked #13 of 405 Restaurants in Vientiane
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Khop Chai Deu is a friendly way to say "Thank You", a name easy to remember. It is the place where the people meets and eats! The oldest and best located restaurant in the heart of Vientiane, and you get a taste of Lao foods or try our international dishes and make yourself at home. Come in to relax, enjoy the live music, and drink to new friendship. Khop Chai Deu has always been "The Place Where The World Meets".
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Khop Chai Deu was recommended to us by our Hotel and we're very pleased that it was. A lot of variety to choose from, from Western to Thai, Chinese and Lao food, and a wide selection of drinks at not too expensive a price! Our first waiter didn't speak much English but he went and fetched a colleague who was able to help him out and our food arrived correctly and quickly. The desserts are just delicious. After nearly three weeks of eating fruit based desserts I was craving chocolate and the homemade chocolate mousse was just lovely. Lovely atmosphere, restaurant was nice and clean and busy.

There are newer reviews for Khop Chai Deu

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stopped for lunch at Khop Chai Deu because it seemed to be the restaurant with best structure in the street. In fact, the structure is nice, as well as the menu, with many options of lao, thai, asian, and western food. But that's all! To order was a challenge, as our waiter could barely speak basic English. He forgot one dish and, at the end, also forgot one Coke. The dishes came one by one with 10 minutes interval and were just average. For the price and structure that they have, I was expecting better service and food...

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. Our service was great. The food came quickly, and it was delicious! I recommend the Laos set menu, if you're having any difficulty deciding.

The place itself is gorgeous. The lighting, the architecture and the ambiance are of superb quality. I love their aesthetic.

Between the elegant downstair seating, the bar patio, or the upstairs deck — this is the perfect place to bring a date and enjoy the fresh, cool air in Laos.

My one and only complaint is really indicative of many restaurants in Laos. Once the music begins, it is good, but very loud. You can no longer hold a conversation, so you may wish to relocate upstairs as we did.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I like the food but on my second visit after 20 minutes and asking several times did not get my starter and when walking to the door finally they went and looked again. skip the pain and go to a different place

GMINTHIRA, General Manager at Khop Chai Deu, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Doug,
Thank you for letting us know of this unfortunate lapse of service from our team.
The restaurant can be very busy sometimes and the staff can get overwhelmed.
I want to apologize that your dining experience was less than what you’ve come to expect from us.
Please feel free to contact me and we will try to make up for your disappointing experience.

best regards,

Phoumy
Khop Chai Deu

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Excellent location for this restaurant which allows diners to watch the hustle and bustle of this popular street in Vientiane. An expansive menu that covers several cuisines. Stayed with local fare which proved a good choice. Good sized portions and very good value for money. Try some of the interesting ice cream flavours on offer to round of the dining experience