“Good coffee good staff”

Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Vientiane
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Western style bakery cafe serving bakery, dessert, ice cream, smoothies, shakes, 100% Lao Arabica organic coffee, sandwiches, salads, soups and more.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I like joma it is a friendly place with really good coffee (a must for me) and nice staff even though I don't understand the hats they all wear.
The food here is good it is quite a limited menu but is is a coffee shop not a restaurant.
The staff are always polite and happy and I go there most days when in Vientiane.
The only negative I could give is if dining on a budget it is a little pricey for food $4-$5 and coffee is $2.75 for large latte but I like the place and will be going tomorrow morning for my coffee as opposed to the instant crap my hotel serves.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Don't be fooled by this rather dull little bakery cafe, there are plenty more cafe's in the city which are better,perhaps its just the location that travellers like.

The coffee is ok but nothing special the cakes are tasteless which is not unusual throughout asia , its the way our brothers and sisters from asia like their cakes great looking but not exactly tasty very 70's.

The sandwiches are equally uninspiring but on the positive side the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This bakery has a selection that we westerns crave after a few weeks in Asia. I had the whole grain egger bagel and a black coffee. It was truely a delight, and the only thing that it drawback with this place are the prices. Not too bad, but still a bit too much for backpackers:)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Joma became our standby for several lunches while in Vientiane. Though we ate Lao food most evenings, the sandwiches, bagels and pastries were just right for quick lunches while visiting the sights.Service was at takeaway pace, but comfortable seating areas inside and out provided a very pleasant break. Everything was fresh and tasty, special favourites being smoked salmon bagel and raisin twist.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I ate here twice to make sure my review would be accurate. Also, I came here because I had fond memories of the JOMA in Luang Prabang.

On my first visit, we ordered:
#1. 2 small coffees. We wanted large coffees but they ran out of take-away cups (seriously?). Also, taste of americano was sub-par.
#2. Salmon & Cream cheese bagel. When I opened the bagel up, the salmon looked like it had gone w/o eating all winter long. The thinest slice I've ever seen.
#3. "popular dish" Bagel Egg Sandwich. Again portions were too small. Maybe this is usual here?
#4. Carrot Cake. YUM, fresh and good size.
POSITIVE: The bagels were proper bagels and fresh. Cakes might the reason why this place is a chain.

On my 2nd visit, we ordered:
#1. ditto on coffee. They might want to change their logistics employee (just saying-haha).
#2. Plain Bagel and cream cheese. Overall, I was satisfied.
#3. Breakfast burrito. EPIC FAIL! The tortilla was too thin and it just crumbled, a complete mess! Taste of the scramble eggs inside was good though.

Overall, I suggest you try other bakeries in town. Ton to choose from and mostly cheaper than JOMA.

1  Thank hondurican