“What a rip-off!”

Fujiwara Restaurant
Ranked #204 of 409 Restaurants in Vientiane
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The decor, the number of staff working, and the menu selection - excellent! The actual value for your money - what a rip-off! I couldn't believe the price of everything on the menu! And for average sushi!! I pay less for better sushi in inland Canada! And the sashimi only came with 2 pieces, something I wish would have been pointed out to us ahead of time. And you have to pay EXTRA on top of the high priced sushi for wasabi, ginger, hand wipes, and green tea! Wish we never bothered.

1  Thank ACCTD14
There are newer reviews for Fujiwara Restaurant

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I try to go there once in a while and have to admit that the quality of the products is quite good. I love the fresh salmon imported from Norway. Last visit, I was a bit disappointed by the tuna (also imported from Norway). Overall, it is a good Japanese restaurant. Service is fine.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Don't know why we didn't visit this excellent restaurant before. We were invited to join friends, who had already ordered a selection of dishes ahead of time. It was overwhelming, but everything tasted excellent and was well presented. Service was good We were a group of ten in a private room, which got a bot hot at times when the doors staid closed too long. Otherwise, the atmosphere is cozy. The sashimi tasted relatively fresh, and was of good quality. A novelty for me: briefly deep fried Californian roll; makes the nori very crisp. Highly recommended form families, groups, couples and business dinners.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Having lived in Japan for well over a decade I am somewhat of a Japanese food snob, so I was surprised at the quality and taste exhibited by this Japanese resto located on a touristy side street in Vientiane. The place was full of Japanese residents and tourists, a great sign, and the menu contained all the classic and even some specialty dishes not often found outside of Japan. I ordered the hiyashi chuka, a cold noodle dish that's hard to make correctly, and it was really good. The sashimi looked very good, the chef was very practiced in my opinion. By Laotian standards this place is expensive, but cheap if compared to Japan or other developed countries.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

The best Japanese restaurant in Vientiane, easy. If you're in a group, ask for the little rooms at the back, private and fun. We rarely manage to eat anything other than the delicious sashimi, but the soft-shelled crab is fab, and so is the eel, and, just, yum.