“I always go for the steak.”

Douang Deuane Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #39 of 409 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Asian, French, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Have enjoyed several steaks here, always cooked the way you request. Very nice atmosphere, friendly staff and owner who will often be found tinkling the ivories during the evening. Excellent value for money too.

There are newer reviews for Douang Deuane Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We first heard about this place through TA. Our family had dinner there. My 11 year old ordered the Lao Combo #2, which consisted of choice of 1 out of 3 salads ( he had the spicy cucumber) and 1 out of 3 Mains (he had the Fried Pork Vientiane style) and rice. He also had the pineapple shake. My husband and I split the Salad Vientiane style and each had the daily special which was three kebabs with choice of bee, pork and chicken with fries. My younger 7 year old son had the elbow macaroni with butter and Parmesan. We also had beer and the Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon. Each one of us loved the food! The salads were both terrific and the kebabs perfectly cooked and flavorful. The Lao pork dish was awesome.

While we were eating, one of the staff ( the owner?) sat down to p,ay the piano which was a very nice treat. Service was attentive.

We decided to try both dessert specials. The chocolate mousse was so good my sons were covered in chocolate and smiling ear to ear. They only let me get one (big) bite in, but it was one of the nicest chocolate mousses I'd ever had. So we decided to also order the chocolate tarte with creme anglais. Wow!

We were happy all around. And the bill was very reasonable, too. Great night.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were walking by and found out it was a restaurant! So we decided to taste it.
We were very surprise and I may say positively.
Should we say "European food (and French) with Lao prices"?
Should we say "best steak in town?". Maybe not as I didn't test all restaurant, but I think you should go for the steak and you'll get it with proper sauce.
Of course Lao food is fine as well (I've tasted my friends plates ;-)) and I loved the fired fish with tamrin sauce and mentioned in below comments and the Laab Fish was lovely as well.
Nice ambiance, nice owner.
You should try...if you find it :D

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I frequently go to Vientiane for business and I have to admit that this restaurant was good. I had some doubt but I have to go for business. So, no other possibility. I have to admit that I was not disappointed at all.
We could have proper French dishes with interesting wine (I suppose all wines are coming from the same supplier but choice remain personal one). Owner and staff were friendly. We had dinner there and good time. Thank you.
I do recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Do go here, it was delicious! We sat upstairs and had a great view! The Laap was great, and spicy, the salt and pepper chicken was so so so good, and the papaya salad was tasty and very spicy. The service was very good as well.