“Rude staff for certain”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Oregon
“Rude staff for certain”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Since 2011 I have been coming to VTE and have made this a morning coffee stop, but I will do so no more. This morning was my last visit. The girl behind the counter has been consistently indifferent and rude and this morning would not even return a greeting. You can do much better elsewhere and have a smile as well. Try Joma or anywhere else.

1 Thank scappoose

• Korean first
  • Thai first
SE Asia
“Good Sunday breakfast!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The girl taking our order wasn't exactly "all" smiles but not rude as other reviews tell. We had the Egg Set and the Sandwich Plate. It was very nice and generous portions. The croissant, a bit too big and "heavy" though. Cold cuts and cheese of good quality and "greens" fresh. Please just peel the cucumber to your customers...should be standard. Coffee and tea came out very good and the service was average/good. We had a table upstairs and it was nice. WIFI free and very quick! If my visit wasn't totally different from others ranking this place very low I think the Tripadvisor community can safely disregard from a few of those reviews before mine. I was surprised to read it. I think this place is a 3,5 to 4 star, if rating it fairly. However I must agree that the girls working here are in need of serious guidance from a hands on manager. Just a little work here and this old establishment can rise again. I will return on my next visit to see how things are going since I took their side a bit with this review. To sum it up...we were happy customers.

Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude staff / wrong food”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Came here twice. Staff were rude both times but the first time at least we had a tasty croissant sandwich for breakfast so came back and ordered the same thing again.

Food arrives and it's a dry roll sandwich. I ask where the croissant was and they say 'all gone'. Maybe they could have mentioned that when we ordered croissants.

Will not be returning.

1 Thank SeaBeeNZ
Boulder, Colorado
“A Complete Mess”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Went for simple breakfast this morning and was greeted by a surly young lady who took our order. Asked for a toasted bagel which was served whole, not sliced, and slightly warmed. The lady at the counter was most unhappy when I asked her to toast my bagel. She did so, but took her time and was annoyed with me. The place was a mess.... Dirty dishes on the tables and an obvious lack of care on the part of staff.

Visited January 2014
Koh Samui, Thailand
“rude staff and nothing special”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The worst experience in Laos. Staff doesn't speak English or don't care at all, it was hard to understand. They cannot explain anything. My boyfriend was asking for fruit shake, told like 5 times and in the end they brought him milk one. I ordered bagel with cream cheese, please do not do such a mistake!! Bagel was average and they put a teaspoon of cream cheese. Tea is Lipton, but they charged twice more than other restaurants of this quality do. Regular price for lipton tea in Laos is 5000 kip, they charged 11000 kip. Do not recommend.