“Overpriced for poor quality”

Restaurant Le Provencal
Ranked #298 of 400 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: French, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Overpriced for poor quality”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Food didn't arrive as advertised, and staff were unhelpful as I tried to explain that I was allergic to the replacement, and wanted the food I had ordered. The rest of the food arrived okay, but was definitely not worth the prices they charged for it! Especially avoid the ratatouille if you like the traditional dish

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Bangkok
“great food and very reasonable”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Ordered endives in ham and cheese, a dish my grandmother use to make, and it was wonderful. Also the tomato and walnut salad are to be recommended. Together with a small bottle of red graves and a double espresso the bill came to 150.000 kip about 20 $

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best pizzas I've had in Laos”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Thin and crispy base and great ambience. Great holiday feel. Order the Grande Dame for dessert for a special treat. Salads are huge and fresh and delicious.

Visited July 2013
“Pretty spot”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I had a craving for steak, I ordered the 250g strip loin with peppercorn sauce and it came with fries and ratatouille. I'm pretty fussy about my steak...I ordered it rare and it came just as requested. A small bit had gristle but this is just the nature of the strip loin, all in all it would probably have been less than 20g, though to be fair the steak was closer to the 300-350g mark. There was so much food I couldn't finish it...and I really did try!! Yes it was expensive if you compare it to asian food prices but if you compare it to western prices you get a bargin. I paid $17usd (including drinks) for what would have cost me probably $40+ back in Australia. The staff where also really nice, very helpful and lots of smiles.

• Visited July 2013
Vientiane, Vientiane, Laos
“Better French Restaurants Abound”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My sister was visiting and we went there because of its location, at the beautiful Nam Pu fountain area, and because of the number of clearly French ex-pats and tourists. However, the steaks we had were fatty and had gristle-it was clearly meat that had been purchased cheaply. Having lived in Vientiane for over five years I am aware of the vast differences in meat quality and what can be purchased at the local markets. On a positive note, the service was very good.

• Visited July 2012