Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
garlic cheese curds are delicious!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
PattfromNJ
Metuchen, New Jersey
Not just squeakie cheese

Reviewed August 28, 2018
jf6f6i
Towanda, Kansas
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I detoured off the highway to see some of the countryside while visiting Kansas. The samples were delicious and we bought garlic curds to snack on in the car, and a summer sausage to bring. home. I'll be ordering the garlic curds to make poutine and the pferrneusse cookies to enjoy with tea. They had several varieties of the cookies, they were all tasty dime-sized bites. It certainly was worth the <1 hour detour.. Note: they don't have a public bathroom.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

If you love cheese curds the way I do this is must visit. Like them on Facebook so you will be notified the afternoon that speakie cheese curds are available for sampling. Don’t skip the other samples of cheese like the extra sharp cheddar and pickels. Had a great time talking to others and the creamery workers. They have 7 flavors of cheese curds, I was in my Happy Space

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Alma Creamery offers the best cheese in the state. You can't go wrong with any of the options. They offer a variety of cheeses, and you'll be sure to rave about it too once you try some! Available in some grocery stores, but highly recommend stopping in for a visit to try some fresh made curds! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Here with family who lived in the area before I was born. My sister remembers being here as a child. Wonderful memories. The lady at the counter was helpful and very friendly. Answered all our questions as best she could. Enjoy cheese and meat sticks all the way home. Will be back.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

There are photos inside the store that show the cheese making process. Very tasty samples also. We sampled a new cheese with horseradish and one called smoke and fire.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Of course it’s delicious! It real cheese, like from the real cow, processed by real people on a real farm. You can taste the difference and it’s delicious!

1  Thank ktussery
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Alma Creamery has a long standing tradition of wonderful cheeses. Their fresh cheese curds are very good, especially if you are lucky enough to get them the day they make them.

Reviewed May 28, 2017

We don't get out this way too often but it's always worth a visit here. This time we purchased the Bacon Jack which we rate as excellent, the orange cheese curds which we rate as good, and the summer sausage (which is made locally) as also good. Friendly folks here and a fun quick stop. Prices are very fair for quality cheese. It's a small retail business on a non-paved road but easy to locate.

2  Thank Hooked_on_travel77
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

Excellent place to visit, 3 miles from I 70. Stopped in for a gift box and many options were provided. The staff aims to please and we were pleased.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

I went off the beaten path on the highway to visit this little location and it was worth it. It's a very small KS town and this location is on one end of it. Small location but with lots of cheeses.