Review Highlights
10 day tour of Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan

We spent 10 wonderful days in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan which was arranged by Silk Road Explore... read more

Reviewed October 4, 2018
Amanda M
Hobart, Australia
Hunting with Eagles

I came to Bishkek with a buddy from the US. We were looking for something unique, challenging... read more

Reviewed February 6, 2018
shanerah2018
Shanghai, China

All reviews day tour ala archa national park andrei samarkand armenian kul travelers company trekking culture itinerary country countries sites route region
Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

Found this from a bit of googling and started conversation with Andrei. The man is great, works effortlessly hard to make sure we got what we were looking for. Went on a packed 3 day tour around the issy kul lake organised through Andrei. We also were introduced to his family and friends in Bishkek over a drink and we felt thoroughly refreshed at the dedication and enthusiasm he showed. Highly recommended to book through these guys if you're looking to discover this unique country.

2  Thank Owen L
Andrei_Osianin, Управляющий at Silk Road Explore, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2015

Thank you! I am glad that you have enjoyed your trip. It was nice to meet you on Independence Day. It's a pity that we couldn't meet again after your tour. But I hope in winter you will return Kyrgyzstan and we will go on a backcountry trip to our snowy mountains!

Reviewed August 31, 2015

I used SRE for some awesome trekking in the Tian Shan. I wouldn't call it a complicated reservation, but there were quite a few specific requests and requirements, which they dealt with promptly and efficiently, telling me clearly what was not possible, and making happen what was possible. For those of you not lucky enough to be Visa-Free, they also provided an invaluable visa-support service. As their great website suggests, the company is perfectly geared and dedicated to providing all sorts of travelers with a brilliant Central Asian experience. And while not restricted to this they have a very good handle on adventure travel (get Andrey to take you Heli-Skiing in winter!). Evgenia and Andrey make an excellent team and are a joy to deal with. This is a superb new operation that makes all aspects of travel in Kyrgyzstan and surrounding areas that much easier and loads more fun!

Andrei_Osianin, Управляющий at Silk Road Explore, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2015

Thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed the tour and everything was fine :) We hope that you will come back to Kyrgyzstan and visit another parts of the country! Here is a lot of alpine lakes for your hobby :)

Reviewed August 24, 2015

I am an Australian and at relatively short notice I decided that I wanted to climb Pik Lenin (7134m).I was in Kyrgyzstan for about 3 weeks.
After a search of the internet I decided on Silk Road Explore.They were so helpful and patience with my overwhelming number of enquires.
My climb of Pik Lenin did not go as well as expected (I was not fit enough) and as a consequence I left the mountain early.i contacted Silk Road Explore and again at short notice they organised for me to go to Song Kol lake and to do some white water rafting.
I cannot rate Silk Route Explore highly enough particularly Evgenia.
If you visit this beautiful country it will be troublefree with this company- they really care!

Thank you! We are glad that you have visited our country and have taken a part in such interesting and extreme journey as climbing to Lenin Peak. We were very pleased that you applied to us for another tours in Kyrgyzstan. We are glad that you enjoyed you holidays. We hope to see you again here in Kyrgyzstan!

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Silk road explore organized an excellent trip to the Tien Shan Mountains. They are very helpfull. I had several questions about special needs (diat food) They reacted imediatly on every Mail i sent and made my trip a wonderfull and careless experience. I met them aftre my trip for a coffee. They are positiv minded and will do everything to make your trip as special as possible. Even with this personal tough, the proces are more than fair.

Andrei_Osianin, Управляющий at Silk Road Explore, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2015

Thank you! We were pleased to hear the impressions of your trip. It's great that you have decided to come to Kyrgyzstan and to take part in such an interesting adventure. We were glad to assist you in arranging the tour. We are very happy that everything was the way you wanted. We are glad to help you in the future!

Reviewed August 10, 2015

Silk Road Explore organized an excellent 2-week trip to Kyrgyzstan for us: trekking to Khan Tengri base camp and a few days' cultural tour. They responded promptly and helpfully to emails during the planning, and all the ground arrangements worked perfectly. The ground operator they recommended was very efficient, and our only criticism is that perhaps the cultural days were too hectic (but that was as much down to what we asked for as to the organization). I would recommend Silk Road Explore as a tour organizer: they are a young and dynamic company.

1  Thank gnhWinchester

Thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed the tour you have booked. It's great that you have found the time to meet with us after the tour and share your impressions! Your family is so interesting, and we hope to see you again. Best regards from Bishkek!