Review Highlights
Trekking through Tien Shan Mountains

Well organized trip in Kyrgyzstan in July 2019. One week trekking through Tien Shan Mountains, on... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed April 13, 2020
eevequoz
Birsfelden, Switzerland
Great company

We selected Silk Rd. Explore for our tour in Kyrgyzstan and we think that they were very... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed January 26, 2020
capoca
Milan, Italy

All reviews english speaking tour tien shan mountains issyk kul spoke very good english great company tour company day trip armenian azerbaijan landscape culture car climb song country tower itinerary
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2015

I used SRE for some awesome trekking in the Tian Shan. I wouldn't call it a complicated reservation, but there were quite a few specific requests and requirements, which they dealt with promptly and efficiently, telling me clearly what was not possible, and making happen what was possible. For those of you not lucky enough to be Visa-Free, they also provided an invaluable visa-support service. As their great website suggests, the company is perfectly geared and dedicated to providing all sorts of travelers with a brilliant Central Asian experience. And while not restricted to this they have a very good handle on adventure travel (get Andrey to take you Heli-Skiing in winter!). Evgenia and Andrey make an excellent team and are a joy to deal with. This is a superb new operation that makes all aspects of travel in Kyrgyzstan and surrounding areas that much easier and loads more fun!

Date of experience: August 2015
Andrei_Osianin, Управляющий at Silk Road Explore, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2015

Thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed the tour and everything was fine :) We hope that you will come back to Kyrgyzstan and visit another parts of the country! Here is a lot of alpine lakes for your hobby :)

Reviewed August 24, 2015

I am an Australian and at relatively short notice I decided that I wanted to climb Pik Lenin (7134m).I was in Kyrgyzstan for about 3 weeks.
After a search of the internet I decided on Silk Road Explore.They were so helpful and patience with my overwhelming number of enquires.
My climb of Pik Lenin did not go as well as expected (I was not fit enough) and as a consequence I left the mountain early.i contacted Silk Road Explore and again at short notice they organised for me to go to Song Kol lake and to do some white water rafting.
I cannot rate Silk Route Explore highly enough particularly Evgenia.
If you visit this beautiful country it will be troublefree with this company- they really care!

Date of experience: August 2015

Thank you! We are glad that you have visited our country and have taken a part in such interesting and extreme journey as climbing to Lenin Peak. We were very pleased that you applied to us for another tours in Kyrgyzstan. We are glad that you enjoyed you holidays. We hope to see you again here in Kyrgyzstan!

Reviewed August 17, 2015

Silk road explore organized an excellent trip to the Tien Shan Mountains. They are very helpfull. I had several questions about special needs (diat food) They reacted imediatly on every Mail i sent and made my trip a wonderfull and careless experience. I met them aftre my trip for a coffee. They are positiv minded and will do everything to make your trip as special as possible. Even with this personal tough, the proces are more than fair.

Date of experience: July 2015
Andrei_Osianin, Управляющий at Silk Road Explore, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2015

Thank you! We were pleased to hear the impressions of your trip. It's great that you have decided to come to Kyrgyzstan and to take part in such an interesting adventure. We were glad to assist you in arranging the tour. We are very happy that everything was the way you wanted. We are glad to help you in the future!

Reviewed August 10, 2015

Silk Road Explore organized an excellent 2-week trip to Kyrgyzstan for us: trekking to Khan Tengri base camp and a few days' cultural tour. They responded promptly and helpfully to emails during the planning, and all the ground arrangements worked perfectly. The ground operator they recommended was very efficient, and our only criticism is that perhaps the cultural days were too hectic (but that was as much down to what we asked for as to the organization). I would recommend Silk Road Explore as a tour organizer: they are a young and dynamic company.

1  Thank gnhWinchester

Thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed the tour you have booked. It's great that you have found the time to meet with us after the tour and share your impressions! Your family is so interesting, and we hope to see you again. Best regards from Bishkek!

Reviewed August 4, 2015

Silk Road Explore helped me book a great trip to Kyrgyzstan, incorporating Song Kul, trekking and Issyk Kul. So helpful and responsive, I can't rate them highly enough!

Date of experience: July 2015

Thank you! We are pleased that you have chosen us. We hope that it was only a first acquaintance with Kyrgyzstan for you, and you will come back here again!