Review Highlights
Nice Sq

I like the meaning behind the statue and how it is done, i think this statue is one of the best of... read more

Reviewed September 26, 2019
shiraziwine
Shiraz, Iran
Great park leading up to statue

The best part for us on this walk up Erkindik was stopping in the park that runs through either... read more

Reviewed June 13, 2019
MangoLove
Cebu City, Philippines

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Bishkek
from $70.84
More Info
from $290.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2016

For anyone visiting Bishkek Ala-Too Square is a must. Clearly Soviet in style it hosts the statue of Manas the Great and a flagstaff bearing the flag of Kyrgyzstan, which is the biggest flag I have ever seen.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 16, 2016

Stop and take in the grandeur of Soviet modernism. The plaza around this statue is grandiose and full of locals enjoying central Bishkek on the weekends.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 17, 2016

This place is a must in your album for Bishkek... a nice walk in the large part where you can see the status and forever flying Kyrgyzstan flag...

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed June 16, 2016

It really is just a statue, nothing to write home about. I must confess I've seen a few statues in my lifetime so I've seen some pretty impressive ones, maybe this has tainted my view and if I were a statue virgin I would find this particular statue more interesting.
The Museum behind it is amazing so you'll have to pass it to go there.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed June 4, 2016

Bishkek is pretty small and so, you will probably wind up in this area (there are a series of squares within proximity). But this plaza is across street from a bunch of restaurants and so, it's definitely worth walking around here late afternoon/early evening and then walking to grab a nice dinner in the area.

Date of experience: May 2016