“Great place”
Review of Park Hotel Bishkek

Park Hotel Bishkek
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Bishkek
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I travel quite a bit and I must admit that I have never experienced such exceptional service, amazing atmosphere, and excellent rooms than the Park Hotel. It was a great hotel experience and I would never stay anywhere else if I am in the Bishkek area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Russ I

Reviewed November 6, 2013

In the middle of the night while I was sleeping and the door was locked somebody (eligedlly hotel staff) came into my room. Three times! I complained and spoke to hotel manager asking for another room, but all what they did was was appologize and gave me fruit basket. I am frequent traveller travelling for business around the world for intl organzations, but something like this never happened to me. Scarry and highly insecure. Will not came back and would advise everybody to come to this hotel. Also, in general the level of service by staff requires a lot of improvement.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank vantoljak
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have visited this hotel in August 2013. Overall hotel is very good, especially for Kyrgyzstan. Service was perfect, almost all staff speaks English and very polite. Especially security guys who suggested additional service (girls). But we had refused. Breakfast was very good, with good assortment of fresh food and drinks. Rooms were very clean. We stayed for 2 nights and only room location was negative. It was on the first floor. From our window we could see only part of hotel's cafe and 2 huge air conditioners. That was a minus! The price for this standart room was about 180 $. I think its very expensive for Bishkek.

Room Tip: Higher floors better. Rooms on the first floor has noise from huge air conditioners.
2  Thank Roman2311
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is in a central location. Rooms small but had all one required including wifi free!
Breakfast good. The hotel staff were very friendly. The hotel had a nice feel about it.
The bar area was tucked away but had a nice garden area attached to it.

2  Thank GLM55
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've written of this hotel favourably in the past, and while I still continue favouring it, I want to share a couple of things from my last stay.

I was given a room, which was the usual deal, and I didn't really notice anything strange, until I went to take a shower. Which is when I found out, there is no normal way to shower in this room. You see, there is a showerhead on a handle, protruding from the side of a bathtub. Fine, you will say, pull on it. That, I did. There is a VERY short hose attached to it. I'm 6' (180cm) tall, and there is NO way I could even reach my head with the said showerhead. Adding insult to injury, even if the hose was long enough, there isn't anything to hang it on, should you wish to attach it to the wall.

Well, I somehow managed to shower - at least I now know I can try to get a job as a contortionist, should my main career fail in any way.

Went downstairs to complain - the front desk said "we will send an engineer to have a look". I think the stare I gave them in return led to second thoughts, and I was immediately offered another room. Which actually had a normal, glass shower stall.

Another funny thing happened when I complained about the bed being hard (see my previous reviews). Upon returning to the room on the night in question, I found a neatly folded wool blanket UNDERNEATH my bed sheet. Just so you know, wool blankets really make beds softer. Especially when it's a scorching hot summer outside. In a hot country.

With all of the above in mind, the value for money is certainly there, the room service food is very decent and well priced (had to eat in my room, quite a few times, due to an illness), and so I will repeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DrSavant
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is relatively small. Rooms are adequate and clean, good shower. Service is friendly and check in/out was efficient. Breakfast tipical for the local area; not a big deal for a westener. Location is good, in nice green area close to the center. Compared to other hotels in Bishkek the price level is ok.

1  Thank Otic
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is in the very centre of Bishkek, but surrounded by greenery which is quite nice, especially in summer. I stayed there less than 24 hours and found the service strange - extremely polite but not that effective. The most strange answer I got when I wanted to visit their spa centre which is advertised as having a swimming pool, a sauna, massage etc - exactly what you want on your free day. "Sorry, Sir, this is Sunday and it is closed," they told me. And Sunday off is never mentioned on their site or even at the entrance to the spa centre!