Park Hotel Bishkek
Travelocity
Club Hotel(Bishkek)
$56
Priceline
All reviewscomfortable hotelthe hotel staffspeak english wellan indoor swimming poolstandard business hotelservice qualityquiet streetrecommend this hotelenjoyed our staywithin walking distancebusiness tripgovernmentcityparkspersonnelturkishconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've written of this hotel favourably in the past, and while I still continue favouring it, I want to share a couple of things from my last stay.

I was given a room, which was the usual deal, and I didn't really notice anything strange, until I went to take a shower. Which is when I found out, there is no normal way to shower in this room. You see, there is a showerhead on a handle, protruding from the side of a bathtub. Fine, you will say, pull on it. That, I did. There is a VERY short hose attached to it. I'm 6' (180cm) tall, and there is NO way I could even reach my head with the said showerhead. Adding insult to injury, even if the hose was long enough, there isn't anything to hang it on, should you wish to attach it to the wall.

Well, I somehow managed to shower - at least I now know I can try to get a job as a contortionist, should my main career fail in any way.

Went downstairs to complain - the front desk said "we will send an engineer to have a look". I think the stare I gave them in return led to second thoughts, and I was immediately offered another room. Which actually had a normal, glass shower stall.

Another funny thing happened when I complained about the bed being hard (see my previous reviews). Upon returning to the room on the night in question, I found a neatly folded wool blanket UNDERNEATH my bed sheet. Just so you know, wool blankets really make beds softer. Especially when it's a scorching hot summer outside. In a hot country.

With all of the above in mind, the value for money is certainly there, the room service food is very decent and well priced (had to eat in my room, quite a few times, due to an illness), and so I will repeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DrSavant
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is relatively small. Rooms are adequate and clean, good shower. Service is friendly and check in/out was efficient. Breakfast tipical for the local area; not a big deal for a westener. Location is good, in nice green area close to the center. Compared to other hotels in Bishkek the price level is ok.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Otic
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is in the very centre of Bishkek, but surrounded by greenery which is quite nice, especially in summer. I stayed there less than 24 hours and found the service strange - extremely polite but not that effective. The most strange answer I got when I wanted to visit their spa centre which is advertised as having a swimming pool, a sauna, massage etc - exactly what you want on your free day. "Sorry, Sir, this is Sunday and it is closed," they told me. And Sunday off is never mentioned on their site or even at the entrance to the spa centre!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights during the business trip. The Room and the bathroom were very small. Food which I ordered to the room was always cold. Can stay in this hotel only if you agree to eat outside.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kamernur
Reviewed May 7, 2013

In my multiple visits to Kyrgyzstan over several years, I have found it difficult to find a comfortable hotel without paying extrordinary high tarifs,until I found the Park Hotel.
It is tucked away in a quiet street a 100 metres from a park and a short walk to the city centre.
The staff are well trained and helpful, the rooms well appointed and it is generally very family friendly..
I have used the hotel twice and will happily make it my regular base when visiting Bishkek.

Room Tip: The area is uiet so traffic noise is practically none existant, but the rooms on the back elevation face staff accomodation, so a front facing room overlooking a tree lined avenue is recommended.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family