“Trip to national park”

Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
Bishkek sightseeing tour: all about life of the...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer different excursions and master-classes in Bishkek and surrounding areas. Our guides know the city perfectly, its traditions, history and modern life. We do not just tell the facts from the guidebooks - we share our own impressions of life in Bishkek with you and introduce you to the locals - from city artists to shepherds who can offer you walks on their horses.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful trip to the national park about 45 minutes drive from Bishkek. Andrei responded and organized the trip with less than 24 hours notice (booked through their internet site). I was offered a choice between real hiking (going up) or walking in the valley. I chose the hike and was not disappointed. It’s breathtaking scenery (see photo of me and Andrei). It was also pretty wet and slippery in my Nike running shoes and the walking sticks Andrei provided were a big help. Andrei is a capable, friendly and conscientious guide who I would strongly recommend. I plan to use his services again when I return to Bishkek.

Andrei_Osianin, General Manager at Show Me Bishkek, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Dear Ian, thanks for your review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our tour. Yes, we try to respond quickly in order to show that we really care about what we do and love It!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"hike"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 11, 2018

I went on a trip to Ala Archa National Park, Konorchek Canyon as well as Burana tower - it was amazing! All of them are great for a 1-day trip and the views simply breathtaking. Andrei is a great guide and always happy to go (and drive) extra miles to customize your tour and make sure that his guests get the most out of it - Kyrgyz hospitality at its best. Recommend 100%.

Tabea, I am very glad that you enjoyed your visit to Kyrgyzstan! We try to do our best for our guests. Also, thank you for super positive review! Waiting for your next arrival to Bishkek :)

Reviewed March 10, 2018

I booked with this company as I didn't have much free time in Bishkek, and this company offered tours to suit any timeframe. We were collected at our hotel by Evgenia- an amazing tour guide. She was able to tell us a lot about Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek and the mountains we were going to.

The trip to the gorge involves quite a bit of climbing, which in the snow and ice was a fun challenge, but the views were spectacular, and we were able to enjoy a picnic, with hot tea and local honey, at the top. We also encountered some small wildlife, and due to the recent snow turning to ice, we had to slide back down part of the mountain, but we had a lot of fun in doing so.

I would love to come back to Kyrgyzstan in the summer, and see more of the outdoors, and I would happily use this company again.

Thanks for your review! Sure, Ala-Archa is one of the beautiful and unpredictable places near Bishkek. This place is amazing any time of the year! Looking forward for your arrival in summer!

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

I was looking online for things to do in Bishkek and immediately saw their website. They have an online chat and Andrei replied immediately with suggestions on what I can do. Since I was a solo traveller visiting Kyrgyzstan for the first time, I wanted to book an organised tour. On the first day I did a walking tour of Bishkek with Asema who is a very knowledgeable tour guide. We saw pretty much the whole city. On the 2nd day Andrei organised a custom made 14 hour tour to the best sights around the Issyk Kul lake which included the Fairytale Canyon and the seven oxes mountain. We also enjoyed fantastic food in a wonderful restaurant that Andrei carefully selected. I highly recommend this team of friendly and fun professionals who know and love their country so very much!

Andrei_Osianin, General Manager at Show Me Bishkek, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Hello Lina! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our tours! We hope you got good impressions about Bishkek, Issyk-Kul and about our country as a whole! Our day-trip was really cool!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Something that, for me, adds value to anything is enthusiastic and knowledgeable good company. A weekend during a work trip stretched ahead. At short notice I was able to book a walking trip of Bishkek that day and a trip to walk in Ala Archa the next day.

The walking trip of Bishkek brought to life the beauty and tragedy of the city and country in recent centuries. Also the powerful artistic spirit of the place. It was an evening tour (my choice) so the museums weren't open but wondering through the well lit fascinating parts of the city on a cold snowy evening held its own magic. My guide was knowledgeable and enthusiastic to share the amazing story that the city has to tell. She told the story well and was engaging in her response to questions. The tour rounded off with a lovely cup of tea and chat in a cafe (all included). I'm really looking forward to repeating the tour in the day time.

The next day was the walk in Ala Achar. We left grey Bishkek and drove to the sun bathed highlands past cattle herders on horseback and all the fascination of ordinary life in an extraordinary place. The views filled my soul. It was snowy and since this was an impromptu decision didn't really have the right gear for any sort of a walk up the sides of the valley so we strolled along its winding enchanting floor. As is to be expected in a dramatic and beautiful winding valley, every bend brought another bend into view that begged to be explored. The simple knowledge of the presence of the glaciers above added to the magical power of the experience. Added to all that was Andrei's company. As his colleague had done the night before, his enthusiasm for and knowledge of the place magnified the experience (he was married under trees in the valley!). He clearly got pleasure from others enjoying the place. We talked and learned from one another the whole way. Did we see snow leopard prints? What we saw were certainly bigger than anything else we could think of. For my next trip to Ala Achar we talked about arranging an overnight camping trip so that we could walk further up the valley. And I'll bring the right boots next time. When the snow clears there will be beautiful flowers and as Autumn comes the dazzling colours of the birch trees which gives the valley its name will burst forth, only to return to these magical snowy scenes. I can't wait to come back.

And if I have thoughts of other things I would like to do, they made it clear they would be delighted to help make it happen; either arranging or advising.

Andrei_Osianin, General Manager at Show Me Bishkek, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Thanks for choosing us! We were happy to organize these tours for you! And it is great that there was nice weather in Ala-Archa! The footprints of Snow Leopard that we found - just amazing! We will be glad to conduct tours on your next arrival!