“Ala-Archa and Bishkek Tour - both of them great tours and great value”
Review of Show Me Bishkek

Show Me Bishkek
Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
Bishkek sightseeing tour: all about life of the...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer different excursions and master-classes in Bishkek and surrounding areas. Our guides know the city perfectly, its traditions, history and modern life. We do not just tell the facts from the guidebooks - we share our own impressions of life in Bishkek with you and introduce you to the locals - from city artists to shepherds who can offer you walks on their horses.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Something that, for me, adds value to anything is enthusiastic and knowledgeable good company. A weekend during a work trip stretched ahead. At short notice I was able to book a walking trip of Bishkek that day and a trip to walk in Ala Archa the next day.

The walking trip of Bishkek brought to life the beauty and tragedy of the city and country in recent centuries. Also the powerful artistic spirit of the place. It was an evening tour (my choice) so the museums weren't open but wondering through the well lit fascinating parts of the city on a cold snowy evening held its own magic. My guide was knowledgeable and enthusiastic to share the amazing story that the city has to tell. She told the story well and was engaging in her response to questions. The tour rounded off with a lovely cup of tea and chat in a cafe (all included). I'm really looking forward to repeating the tour in the day time.

The next day was the walk in Ala Achar. We left grey Bishkek and drove to the sun bathed highlands past cattle herders on horseback and all the fascination of ordinary life in an extraordinary place. The views filled my soul. It was snowy and since this was an impromptu decision didn't really have the right gear for any sort of a walk up the sides of the valley so we strolled along its winding enchanting floor. As is to be expected in a dramatic and beautiful winding valley, every bend brought another bend into view that begged to be explored. The simple knowledge of the presence of the glaciers above added to the magical power of the experience. Added to all that was Andrei's company. As his colleague had done the night before, his enthusiasm for and knowledge of the place magnified the experience (he was married under trees in the valley!). He clearly got pleasure from others enjoying the place. We talked and learned from one another the whole way. Did we see snow leopard prints? What we saw were certainly bigger than anything else we could think of. For my next trip to Ala Achar we talked about arranging an overnight camping trip so that we could walk further up the valley. And I'll bring the right boots next time. When the snow clears there will be beautiful flowers and as Autumn comes the dazzling colours of the birch trees which gives the valley its name will burst forth, only to return to these magical snowy scenes. I can't wait to come back.

And if I have thoughts of other things I would like to do, they made it clear they would be delighted to help make it happen; either arranging or advising.

Andrei_Osianin, General Manager at Show Me Bishkek, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Thanks for choosing us! We were happy to organize these tours for you! And it is great that there was nice weather in Ala-Archa! The footprints of Snow Leopard that we found - just amazing! We will be glad to conduct tours on your next arrival!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"hike"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed February 11, 2018

I have had a one day excursion to the Ala-Archa National Park. It was a great tour and very good experience. The team, Andrei and his colleague, are very friendly, competent and helpful. If you have time in Bishkek, you have to book a tour with them. It's worthwhile.

Asema and me will remember climbing down along the western path for a long time! Thank you for this trip, it was exciting and unforgettable!

Reviewed February 10, 2018

Solo traveler; first timer in Kyrgzstan, I booked thru their FB account. Tour guide Andrei responded quickly. I spent my birthday on their stunning ALA ARCHA National Park with a cool and very accommodating guide. Trip was on-time and informative. My guide was very patient and the most memorable thing was he surprised me with a bday cake slice.
I couldn't ask for a better guide. Thanks again and more power to your team! :)

Thanks for your review! It was very nice to organize an excursion for you on your birthday! We are looking forward to your arrival back and will be happy to meet you again! :)

Reviewed February 3, 2018

I have now gone on 3 tours: Central Bishkek, Byrana Tower and the Al-Archa Gorge. All have been wonderful and my guide each time has been Asema. Andrei also drove us on the last two tours. This is a new company and they really care about giving the best service an the prices are a bargain! I hope that you will use their service. I can't wait until the fall when I can do and see more without snow on the ground.

Andrei_Osianin, General Manager at Show Me Bishkek, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Dear Anyse, thanks for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed all of the tours. We are trying to do our best! Join to our new excursions in spring!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 13, 2018

One of the best experiences in Bishkek! Usually, the tours will take you out of town into the mountains, but the city tour (which is actually quite hard to find in Bishkek) tells you a lot more about the history and development of the country.

The communication with the organisers went very smooth. They were very helpful and fast to answer my request on Facebook. The tour took us longer than the stated 3 hours, but our tour guide made sure we saw everything that was on the list and gave us enough time to go around the museums and "inspect" the artefacts.

One more advantage to mention is that you can join a group even if you are a solo traveller.

A big thank you to our guide Asema for a great experience. :)

Andrei_Osianin, Генеральный директор at Show Me Bishkek, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Olga, thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed the city-tour. We are trying to do our best to organize the best trips for each of you. We will wait for your next arrival to Bishkek! )