“Business travel/workshop”

Radisson Hotel Astana
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Astana
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We organized a workshop here for the duration of 1 week and were extremely satisfied by the facilities. The staff were exceptionally helpful and professional especially Vladimir and Nurgul (duty managers) who were always available to help as were their staff. This hotel was a little more pricey than some others but the quality we received was worth it. The hotel rooms themselves were very adequate and the only complaint is they were a little warm, but as the weather was -30, this was maybe preferable!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Samgat J, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Natasha A,

Warm greeting from Radisson Hotel, Astana!

First of all let me thank you for choosing our hotel. We share your comments with concern staff and they were very happy to get such positive notes.

As you know that the winter time we do our best for comfortable stay of our guest that could be the reason if you felt little warm in side of the hotel comparing with outside.

It will be pleasant for us to see you as a guest in Radisson Hotel, Astana on your future visit to Astana.

Best regards,
Samgat Jenisov
Front Office Manager
+7 7172 670 777

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was a business trip, and I only stayed less than a day. I enjoyed my stay here very much.
We arrived after midnight. The lobby bar was still open and my colleagues and I had a very good supper...wide choices available on the menu. All the staff were very nice.
The room was very nice, though the four pillows were way too thin and too soft. It was -23C outside, but our rooms were overheated and stuffy. Tried to turn on the airconditioner but was not able to.
excellent very speedy wifi.
All the TV channels were only in Russian.
The rate per night was overpriced though.

Room Tip: Even if you arrive late, have supper in the lobby bar which is open till 2 a.m. Rather than order r...

Dear Persimmone,

Greeting from Astana!

Thank you for posting such positive comment on TripAdvisor address of our hotel. Hotel staff do their best to meet our guest expectation and make the hotel as home far away from home. We hope that we could meet your needs and will be glad to have you as a guest on your next visits to Astana.

Best regards from ALL staff of the hotel,

Samgat Jenisov
Front Office Manager
+7 7172 670 777

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is overpriced considering the level of service provided. The staff are excellent, but the management must focus on upgrading their services and rooms. Carpets and furnishings are outdated, the internet speed (which they consider high speed) is not enough to sustain even a youtube feed, and while the staff are attentive and aware of these issues, management has not taken any efforts to make systematic measures to increase the value to customers.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for all your comments, especially where you point out suggestions for improvement. We realize Radisson Hotel Astana has already provided services to its guests since 2007 and there is a consistent need to keep the quality standards and it is also one of our key focuses – through daily maintenance but also investment projects planning.

We have lately doubled Internet connection capacity for the guest-rooms in order to improve the service quality therefore your experience with slow connection comes with a big disappointment. Let me ensure you we will continue to monitor Internet usage and further adjust available capacity to provide solid solution to meet the needs of as many as possible of our guests.

Again - we appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

In the meantime let me wish you all the best and looking forward to host you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Very warm welcome I expirenced everywhere in the hotel for 2 nights. I highly recommend this hotel. Fantastic breakfast with healthy food options. I want to point out the great service I recieved in the restaurant and at checkin

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for the time spent for leaving such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us - it was the most valuable award for our team to receive such kind of feedback.
Once again, on behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel Astana we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Only place in Astana to have lovely brunch without screaming children or deafening music. Menu changes from week to week with some staples. Pleasant front desk and service staff. Easy parking or taxi drop off. Comfortable but elegant lobby. Good for meetings or friend connections. Capri us the restaurant but also there is a cigar bar.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the Main Street which is always busy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Greeting from Radisson Hotel Astana!

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a feedback, especially such a nice one, that comes with a great motivation for our team. We would like to continue with the tradition of our Sunday Brunches always dedicated to different cuisines of the world, bringing the highlights to your table. For most actual news and updates you can follow us on our Facebook profile. Our Capri restaurant and Lobby bar started to offer a brand new a la carte menu as from this week, so it would be pleasure to welcome you once again as a guest and experience something new and delicious at the same time.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel, and the staff are pretty switched on.

Good service; nice rooms - nothing about it you could dislike, except, of course, the bill. Boy this place is expensive. Astana has other hotels, perhaps not as good but significantly cheaper

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Greetings from Astana!

Let me thank you for taking time and posting review regarding your stay in our hotel. Your positive comment on our staff and service comes as a commitment for our team to keep up and further improve our service quality for the future.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Hotel, Astana for your stay and looking forward to host you again, should your travel plans bring you back to Astana.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stood at Radisson in Astana for a week and a half on a business trip. Upon arrival it looked like a standard business-type hotel, I also liked the fact that you have an access to a large gym and pool chain that is located in the same building.

However, my stay was unpleasantly marred due to lack of staff professionalism and poor quality room.

The hotel has an agreement with my firm to invoice all the charges following the stay, nevertheless, upon arrival at 6 am, I was held for half an hour at the reception waiting for the staff to figure out how the payment will be made. The same staff kept on insisting that I should pay for the room upfront even despite the fact that this goes against the agreement. The same story repeated again when I tried to check in next week.

The room I was given was extremely cold, I could feel the wind blowing through the gaps between the window and the frame and I could barely keep myself warm under a blanket. The air conditioner seemingly did not work as after 5 hours of turning it to the maximum, the temperature in the room remained very low. After I asked for a warmer room, I was given a room on the side of the hotel that does not face the river, the climate control nevertheless did not work there either.

The breakfast was a standard type, decent variety, however, the choice and quality were notably inferior compared to other similar hotels in the city. Also the choice of papers was limited mostly to some local Kazakhstani papers, which were of little interest. In comparison while staying at other hotels in the country, I was offered fresh copies of FT.

Overall, I was very disappointed with the quality of service and the rooms and will not choose to stay at this hotel any

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Greeting from Radisson Hotel Astana!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a feedback regarding your recent stay with us. At the same time I would like to express my sincere apologies for the situation and need to wait during your check-in that was related to a booking guarantee. Our colleagues at the reception did their best to check you in as soon as possible within the agreed contractual conditions. We have also taken necessary measures related to the contract, so in the future check-in was as smooth as possible for you.

Thank you also for all other comments. I would like to emphasize that your feedback is most appreciated and would be fully utilized in the process of improving our service. We followed up your comments with our respective managers to correct and improve the other areas where we were below your expectations. I still believe there will be a chance to host you in our hotel and prove to you our sincere effort to continuously improve our service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to convey to us your comments and concerns.
For any detailed comments or more information please feel free to contact me at your convenience if I may be of any further assistance.

In the name of the whole team of the Radisson Hotel Astana and myself, let me wish you Happy New Year and all the best in 2014.

Thank you.