“very very friendly service”

Radisson Hotel Astana
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Astana
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Very warm welcome I expirenced everywhere in the hotel for 2 nights. I highly recommend this hotel. Fantastic breakfast with healthy food options. I want to point out the great service I recieved in the restaurant and at checkin

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for the time spent for leaving such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us - it was the most valuable award for our team to receive such kind of feedback.
Once again, on behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel Astana we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Astana

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Only place in Astana to have lovely brunch without screaming children or deafening music. Menu changes from week to week with some staples. Pleasant front desk and service staff. Easy parking or taxi drop off. Comfortable but elegant lobby. Good for meetings or friend connections. Capri us the restaurant but also there is a cigar bar.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the Main Street which is always busy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Greeting from Radisson Hotel Astana!

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a feedback, especially such a nice one, that comes with a great motivation for our team. We would like to continue with the tradition of our Sunday Brunches always dedicated to different cuisines of the world, bringing the highlights to your table. For most actual news and updates you can follow us on our Facebook profile. Our Capri restaurant and Lobby bar started to offer a brand new a la carte menu as from this week, so it would be pleasure to welcome you once again as a guest and experience something new and delicious at the same time.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel, and the staff are pretty switched on.

Good service; nice rooms - nothing about it you could dislike, except, of course, the bill. Boy this place is expensive. Astana has other hotels, perhaps not as good but significantly cheaper

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Greetings from Astana!

Let me thank you for taking time and posting review regarding your stay in our hotel. Your positive comment on our staff and service comes as a commitment for our team to keep up and further improve our service quality for the future.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Hotel, Astana for your stay and looking forward to host you again, should your travel plans bring you back to Astana.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stood at Radisson in Astana for a week and a half on a business trip. Upon arrival it looked like a standard business-type hotel, I also liked the fact that you have an access to a large gym and pool chain that is located in the same building.

However, my stay was unpleasantly marred due to lack of staff professionalism and poor quality room.

The hotel has an agreement with my firm to invoice all the charges following the stay, nevertheless, upon arrival at 6 am, I was held for half an hour at the reception waiting for the staff to figure out how the payment will be made. The same staff kept on insisting that I should pay for the room upfront even despite the fact that this goes against the agreement. The same story repeated again when I tried to check in next week.

The room I was given was extremely cold, I could feel the wind blowing through the gaps between the window and the frame and I could barely keep myself warm under a blanket. The air conditioner seemingly did not work as after 5 hours of turning it to the maximum, the temperature in the room remained very low. After I asked for a warmer room, I was given a room on the side of the hotel that does not face the river, the climate control nevertheless did not work there either.

The breakfast was a standard type, decent variety, however, the choice and quality were notably inferior compared to other similar hotels in the city. Also the choice of papers was limited mostly to some local Kazakhstani papers, which were of little interest. In comparison while staying at other hotels in the country, I was offered fresh copies of FT.

Overall, I was very disappointed with the quality of service and the rooms and will not choose to stay at this hotel any

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Greeting from Radisson Hotel Astana!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a feedback regarding your recent stay with us. At the same time I would like to express my sincere apologies for the situation and need to wait during your check-in that was related to a booking guarantee. Our colleagues at the reception did their best to check you in as soon as possible within the agreed contractual conditions. We have also taken necessary measures related to the contract, so in the future check-in was as smooth as possible for you.

Thank you also for all other comments. I would like to emphasize that your feedback is most appreciated and would be fully utilized in the process of improving our service. We followed up your comments with our respective managers to correct and improve the other areas where we were below your expectations. I still believe there will be a chance to host you in our hotel and prove to you our sincere effort to continuously improve our service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to convey to us your comments and concerns.
For any detailed comments or more information please feel free to contact me at your convenience if I may be of any further assistance.

In the name of the whole team of the Radisson Hotel Astana and myself, let me wish you Happy New Year and all the best in 2014.

Thank you.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Last Saturday I returned from two weeks staying at The Radisson, whilst in Astana for business. Things didn't start too well as my colleague and I each had a large suitcase, a smaller case and a large shoulder bag but found there was no doorman at the door to help us as we struggled into the foyer and over to the reception desk with all this luggage. The staff at the reception desk watched as we did so but no help was offered. However, check in was smooth and we were very pleased with our rooms, which were on the 10th floor and with a very good view of the river and the bridge. My room was reasonably large with a choice of tables where I could work, a comfortable armchair and a king-sized bed. The Wi-Fi was free. The TV had a range of English speaking channels. The bathroom had a large walk-in shower and toiletries which were replenished whenever necessary. The bathroom floor is heated.

Both my colleague and I found the rooms to be too hot, even when we turned the heating down to the lowest setting, but the problem was solved by the member of staff who opened our windows slightly. I was really impressed by how quickly any problem was dealt with. The shower head wasn't working properly initially but within minutes of my phone call an engineer appeared and made the necessary adjustments. One day the cleaner noticed my wardrobe doors were sticking and she notified the maintenance staff who worked on the doors until all was well as I said I didn't want to move to another room, which was offered.

Breakfasts are excellent and I recommend the freshly cooked omelettes. The Sunday brunch in the bar restaurant is well worth going to. It was an Indian theme the time we went and was delicious. Drinks are included. We weren't so impressed with the evening meals which we thought mediocre. Sometimes people have to leave for work or travelling before breakfast so there is a " grab and go" trolley by the reception desk. When we left for the airport just after 4 a.m. it was there and well stocked.

There is plenty of space for meetings in the foyer and bar area with a choice of comfortable sofas or tables and chairs. There are long leads for charging of computers, tablets and phones whilst people work/ eat/ relax. Lifts always came very promptly.

Overall we were very happy with the hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Go for a high room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Marion G,

We was very glad to get your feedback for your stay in our wonderful hotel in Astana. Thank you for taking time to sharing your comments with us, as well as for providing positive compliment on all our services which we do with our passion for our guests and visitors in Radisson Hotel, Astana. The only one not pleasant detail upon your arrival it was no doorman was at the main entrance of the hotel because at this same time our doorman was helping other guest with his luggage. Please accept our apology for this inconvenience upon your arrival.

We would like to express to you our sincere gratitude for choosing Radisson Hotel, Astana. Our staff is well trained and have “Yes I Can!” attitude – I believe you noticed the small gold pin on each hotel staff with that gold words.

If you would need any assistance feel free to contact with us and we will be happy to help you with our extra mile service. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a typical business hotel: zero atmosphere but convenient and clean. Rooms are typical Radisson style. Overall nothing fancy, really has no charisma whatsoever, but the rooms are comfortable, lobby has good area for meetings (convenient when it is freezing outside) and the breakfast is decent. Guests have access to a large and well equipped public gym but a little annoying that one has to ask for a voucher at the reception every single time.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Patrickontheroad,
First of all let me thank you for sharing your stay experience in Radisson Hotel, Astana.
As you noticed our hotel as an International worldwide brand follow the Radisson Hotels’ standards. We care about our guests’ and visitors’ comfort. Our guests rooms were designed as modern and for enjoyable stay during the guest stay as the home far away from home. The Lobby is spacious and there are located “Lobby Bar” outlet where you may have a lunch, dinner or just have a meeting with friends or colleagues as well as just seat and spend your spare time having menu with a different selection of food and beverage.
The breakfast is one the important meal of the day of everyone we take special consideration on it.
We provide the Fitness Center service for our guests which is named “World Class” which is one the best in city. This fitness center is not belong to our hotel as we rent it only and for that reason our guest who would like to visit it has to get the voucher at out Reception Desk.
One more time thank you very much that you stayed in our hotel and hope that you will choose our hotel for your next visit to Astana.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is an expensive hotel but the rooms are to a high standard, spacious and well appointed. The internet is free and and logging on is excellent; it even remembers you the next time you log on - how many hotels make it that easy? The breakfast is excellent. The Capri restaurant is OK. The restaurant service at both dinner and breakfast is excellent. If you can afford it, it is a good choice in Astana.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify non-smoking if you are a non smoker.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Fedor F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Mr. KNBD,

First of all let me thank you for leaving the comments and sharing experience of your stay in our wonderful hotel.

There are special set up of the furniture in our hotel’s rooms accordingly the standards of Radisson Hotels worldwide. We zeal to match our standards which you already noticed with commenting that Radisson Hotel, Astana has the rooms with high standards. I was very glad to get your feedback as most of people who travels worldwide use this website to select the right and the best hotel to stay. As you descried about our internet log – we have free internet WI-FI – wireless which our guests may use within the hotel and wired one as well.

Our all day dining restaurant – Capri – is one of our proud as everyone may enjoy and have a nice meal there. Our new kitchen chef does his best with his team which served by our well trained restaurant staff. People has to try one time to have a meal in Capri and they will love it to come back again.