“One disappointment this time.”

Radisson Hotel Astana
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Astana
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed here before once in March of 2012. This is a review of my second visit.

Everything in my previous review still stands true. This is the best hotel is Astana and I recommend it very strongly. The standards, the staff, the facilities, everything is excellent.

There is however one problems from last time that is still there.
- The toilet flush is too powerfull. It shoots some water out of the toilet when you flush it (very strange)

A huge pnew roble this time was the air-conditioning in my room. It simply did not work and I was told it is because the hotel has a "central system" and that all they could do is open my window. This was nonsense because I went to a friends room on a different floor and his air-conditiong was working perfectly.

I hope this issue is resolved in this otherwise perfect hotel.

1  Thank daymannightman
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your loyalty and visiting us again on your journey to Astana. Your comment makes us very proud and it will be a pleasure to share it with our team - appreciation as yours is a great motivation that drives us to provide better service. For the specific comments please let me ensure you we are looking for feasible solutions to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible.

Will be pleasure to host you again in Radisson Hotel Astana in the future - in the meantime please let me wish you all the best!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had to stay at the Radisson Astana as part of a three day business trip. The hotel and especially the rooms are Radisson standard. Unfortunately the heating/airconditioning isn't. I had to open a window to regulate heat, at -20C outside temperature! Courtesy of staff is, lets say "typically Russian" but after some visits you get used to it ;) Breakfast is included and alright. The Gym has to be payed extra. As this hotel is the only western-standard accommodation in Astana there is not much to choose from and in fact I have no reason to complain. Just don't expect the "Yes I can" attitude of staff at other Radisson facilities. Sometimes it is just a blunt "no" you will get. At least, most of the personnel speaks a decent English. Food is in general OK but expensive. For a regular dinner with a main dish, a beer and a dessert you can expect around 40EUR.

Room Tip: Don't accept rooms with noisy air-conditioning or not working heater!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greeting from Radisson Hotel, Astana!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and all your comments. I`m happy to hear you recognize the standard service level of the Radisson brand and even our "Yes I can!" motto. Please, let me ensure you we are trying to select the most courteous and professional staff and we are continually training them to deliver high level of service that the guests are expecting in Radisson hotels. Any specific comments is for us a chance to improve - if there were more details on your mind, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Astana city is besides other unique facts also know for its winter time temperatures outside reaching minus 20 Celsius or even more. During this period the central heating needs to compensate quite high temperature difference and we are happy to assist our guests in adjusting of the temperature in their rooms to a more pleasant level if needed. We are also updating our different menus to offer high quality for affordable prices, working hard on becoming one of the best gourmet places in the city.

Once again - thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to welcome you back should your plans bring you back to Astana.
In the meantime let me wish you all the best.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Radisson has the advantage of being a recognized brand, good location and excellent service for Astana. The hotel is situated in a prime spot to access most all of what Astana has to offer. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. Temperatutre control was not an issue. Room servicing and amenities were top notch. Laundry service was prompt. The breakfast was not as extensive as the Rixos but food was good and service was prompt and courteous. I never saw the gym but colleagues told me it was good quality. Advice from them: it doesn't open until 7AM and it's through a side door for Radisson guests and the door can sometimes go unopened for a bit. If you're on a tight schedule be prepared to go around or skip the workout. we spent several nights experiencing the lobby bar which has a good selection of drinks and good service. The cigar bar is smokey and smells more of cigarettes than cigars. Don't take the expensive coat directly in unless you have time to air it out. WiFi was reliable and free to guests but with a password. I had trouble with linking up my Blackberry to avoid crazy roaming charges. More of a BB problem than hotel but be aware of the issue ahead of time. Never ate there beyond breakfast so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting Radisson Hotel, Astana.
We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel location and rated our quality of food and service very high. Our team members do their best everyday to exceed our guests' expectations.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

In summary, the only option you should consider in Astana (good luck if this place is fully booked).

I have stayed here several times and always received excellent service. I have always had a super comfortable room, which was modern and clean (however, colleagues have had an 'older' room which is yet to be refurbished). The gym facilities are excellent (one of the reasons I gave it five points); it's possible to get a really good cardiovascular and weights workout; the gym is not 24h but is available reasonable hours. The WiFi in the room is charged and was of a pretty good speed and I found it to be reliable. The staff were always polite and helpful; you'll need to get a taxi to get anywhere (this hotel is not in central Astana), staff were always accommodating when booking taxis and were super helpful in ensuring I got to my destination translating instructions to taxi drivers. I found I was able to speak with the staff in either English or Russian without a problem. Toiletries are the standard issue of Radisson, but good enough to leave the sponge bag at home.

Accommodating to business traveler - absolutely A++
Fitness / Gym - best facilities available in Astana hotels
WiFi - charged in room, good speed and reliable
Toiletries - standard issue, but good enough.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greeting from Radisson Hotel, Astana!

On behalf of my team, I wish to thank you for taking time to leaving the comments on Tripadvisor for your recent stay with us.

Please be aware that all your comments are very important for us to improve our service for such kind of level as Radisson.

If you will be traveling to Astana in the future, we would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Hotel Astana.

Of course, please feel free to contact me at your convenience if I may be of any further assistance.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

In relative terms, Radisson is one of the best hotels in Astana. The room size is adequate and the bed is comfortable. Selection at the breakfast and in general dining choices at the hotel are limited but passable for short-term stay guests. However there seems to be a problem with the water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank YQTA
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience regarding you recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback very much, as this gives us a chance to fine-tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can exceed your expectations!

Let me wish you all the best and hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent four days at the Radisson Astana, and would say that the hotel is certainly well kept with a good level of service. The check in did not take long and throughout my stay I was happy with the maintenance of the room and housekeeping. The included breakfast buffet is good, although I could say it somehow seems to be missing something... not sure, but it seems a bit average... don't get me wrong, the food is high quality and service is very good, but I don't know... it was a bit "dull"? Maybe it's the layout of the eating space, which makes it feel a bit closed. I would come back without hesitation to stay, but would also be open to trying some of the other hotels in the city in the future to compare.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ssraja
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Radisson Hotel, Astana!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers regarding your recent stay with us. Especially thank you for your positive comment on the hotel service and breakfast buffet, but also your feeling about breakfast in general. It will help us to improve our services, as we strive for being the best option for the travelers to Astana.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel Astana we would like to thank you for your business and we are glad that you always enjoy your stays with us.
If you will be traveling to Astana in the future, we would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Hotel.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Hotel, Astana!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The consistency of Radisson was evident in this place, which is not a bad feat in such a climate. The meals were god but not cheap. The scrambled eggs looked very different from any I've seen anywhere else, due to Kazakhstan's 'pale' eggs. There was often a shortage of fresh greens, typical in that part of the world! The room was well-equipped, and the service was smooth enough. Finding good English speakers in Kazakhstan is not so easy in the general population, but Radisson has been careful to recruit able front office people. The hotel's location means you will generally have to catch taxis everywhere. There is not much choice, unless yo understand the bus system. Taxi prices were reasonable. THe city is very spread out. Make sure you see the cultural museum, with its 'Golden Man' and the Yurt tents.
This was my first time in Kazakhstan. The Radisson Blu was recommended to me by my our workplace policy and is the second choice. The first choice, in a more convenient location, was full.

Room Tip: Get away from the big bridge over the river. It is noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AusInNetherlands

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Radisson Hotel, Astana!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you very much for your positive comments, we work hard to ensure that our product and service delivery meets or even exceeds expectations of our guest.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel Astana we would like to thank you for your business and if you will be traveling to Astana in the future, we would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Hotel. Please do not hesitate to stop by at our Concierge desk then, we will be more then happy to assist you with any way of transport or sightseeing in the Astana.

Thank you.