In general I would say the hotel is okay. Stayed on the 20th floor in A-Block (sound like a jail). Room was actually nice, clean and spaceous. My internet connection (free) was good and reasonable fast. Breakfast was allright. Simply pretty local and therefore you might need to get used to it.
Things that should be changed/improved:
- Heater settings. The room was simply hot when I arrived. Fortunately you can open the windows (although on the 20th floor)
- Bathroom: A proper shower is a must. Standing in a bath tub and spraying the whole place is not what I am looking for
- A mini bar with a cola, a beer, a water and a Red Bull is pretty ridiculous, isn't it?
- The beds: really as hard as the floor with carpet
- A little investment in language classe (English) would make the hotel a bit more international
Anyhow - should there be a next visit, I will look for another place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- King Hotel Astana - it is the biggest hotel in Central Asia with 176 rooms and 299 apartments, capacity of which is for about 700 people. The hotel opened its doors on November 13, 2009 and is already popular for its excellent service, places of entertainment and leisure, as well as other services. Modern 4 -star King Hotel Astana is conveniently located in the heart of the cultural and business district of Astana that allows an active business activity in any part of the city. King Hotel Astana is a place for communication and recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your King Hotel Astana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.