Duman Hotel
$88
Hotwire.com
$42
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshopping centre next doorcity attractionsnice staynice hotelthe hotel staffbusiness tripother hotelsshowerbuisnesstaxiconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My stay in this hotel was wonderful. The room was very big, comfortable and clean. Bathroom size and it's equipment was also great. City view from windows was amazing, breakfast was good. Hotel is not far from city attractions. Very close to big shopping center and mall. Staff members were nice & helpful. So, perfect hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ivan_002_10
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I am more often in Astana on business travel and I have to admit that is the best hotel in Astana I stayed in. The firest two hotel names I can't even remember and the Diplomat was too expensive compared to the service.
The Duman rooms are clean and perfect for private and business, a really good breakfast buffet and different restaurants. The restaurant in the 16th floor is not too recomendable but the others are good.
The Duman in in walking distance to the river, to the government district (president palace, bayterek, shopping malls) and to the older part around the river. There are nice restaurants like the Astana-Nury restaurant as well as the Linde Brew.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I've been to Astana on a one-day business trip. When I got to know that I'll stay in the hotel for less than 4 hours (between end of business dinner & leaving to the airport to catch my 05:30 flight) I decided to cancel my 600$ room in the "Radisson" and looked for a better priced alternative to rest & have a shower.

Due to the Tripadvisor rating I selected a standard room at the "Duman" at 22000 Tenge (€ 110). Due to the shortage of time I already wanted to pay at check-in. I really have been surprised when the very friendly lady at the reception gave me the bill for "half-accommodation" at 9750 Tenge (slightly below € 50!). I asked her 'why' and she told me because I would stay less than 12 hours, not having breakfast, I would only have to pay half.

This is the first time during my 16 years of business travel that a hotel was so fair. Normally I'm used to the policy that they want 50% of a secondly day if you want to check-in at 11 am, even you're leaving the next morning already 01 am to catch a night flight.

The hotel isn't fantastic, but it's okay for a short night, even normally you're staying at Four Seasons, Leela Kempinski, Park Hyatt... The rooms are new & clean and of a good size. The bed has a firm mattress which I personally like (well, I was able to sleep 2 hours only anyway). The bathroom, even quite new, already shows signs of aging, the silicone getting black etc. BUT - the water pressure was unbelievable, even on the 9th floor. I think there were 100 liters of water coming each second (maybe because at 03:30 nobody else had a shower) and the water temperature was absolutely stable. Don't know when I had last time such a perfect shower in a hotel.

Wi-Fi: free of charge!

Would I stay at this hotel again?
YES - when I've got only one night in Astana, anyway will not spend a lot of time in the room
NO - when I've got a multiple-day stay and will longer in the room/hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank HONkiev
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days on a business trip. Staff was very friendly and the rooms (I had a superior room) were very large and more than adequate. Only the bed was too hard. I would certainly stay again here, but unfortunately my hosts seem to book a different hotel every time I am coming to Astana.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BabaBologna
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I stayed in this hotel in April having read the other reviews, I was pleasently suprised and would agree that it offers a good value for money experience. The location and service arent the best, but you cant have everything at this price!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business