“Service that went above & beyond”

Manor House Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 335 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2014

During my stay at Manor House, my partner had a medical emergency and the staff at Manor House went above and beyond in their care of us and the situation. I cannot speak highly enough of their willingness to help with any problems we had or things we needed, and just the general level of caring that they showed throughout the whole ordeal. I don't know what we would have done without them - they really saved the day.

In addition to service that is unparalleled, the hotel itself is lovely - great location, excellent pool, clean rooms, hearty breakfast, friendly tuk tuk drivers... all wonderful! Even the other guests we met while we stayed there were an absolute treat.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Second year for ten days. Very pleasant competent staff. David the owner is leaving and turning the hotel over to his long time friend Nick. He has an extensive background in the hospitality business so I anticipate a smooth transition and similar service. Breakfast are simple but quite adequate. I plan to come back as soon as I have the chance.
A nice remove from downtown and only $2 by tuk tuk. Be warned though; you can get snared in trafic where the free lance motor bikes can make their way.
Love the salt water pool!

Room Tip: Top floor right side by the balcony was my favorite.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I recently stayed for my 5th time at Manor House before I did a cycling holiday in rural Cambodia, and everything was as good as ever, friendly cozy service, spotless rooms, and helpful staff. You really feel like you are in a warm and friendly home, not a hotel!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter
1  Thank Timtim56
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Everything is right : decent pricing, perfect location near the center but away from the noise, very helpful staff, clean room, superfast internet (and free too) but most important, a place where the owner takes care of his guests customers. Thank you David !

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay - David is a wealth of knowledge and can point you in the direction of a beautiful suit, handmade shoes or awesome dining.
The rooms were clean and well kept, the common areas and pool made it feel like a resort.
Breakfast was supplied and always served by helpful staff. $1 to $2 ride to waterfront by tuk tuk, depending on your negotiation skills, located in the expat area and surrounded by quality restaurants. A bargain!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed here for 14 days and had swimming lessons using the lovely pool. I don't have regrets in choosing this place to stay. The owner is very helpful to our requests and the staff are very friendly. Nice location too! I can say that my husband and I will surely stay here the next time we visit Phnom Penh. We really enjoyed our time in PP because of our accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BellaBeluci
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Manor House is a secluded and private villa behind high walls and a fence, giving a sense of privacy whilst at the same time you are right in the middle of Phnom Penh. I had a great room on the 2nd floor. The room had everything I needed, a good-functioning TV, nice large bathroom, good bed and nice pillows and excellent WiFi.

The breakfast was a bit disappointing - it would be nice if they had an espresso machine and wholewheat bread. But since I don't mind this, I will be back there for my next visit to Phnom Penh.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business