“Relaxing and comfy atmosphere!”

Manor House Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 322 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Relaxing and comfy atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed here for 14 days and had swimming lessons using the lovely pool. I don't have regrets in choosing this place to stay. The owner is very helpful to our requests and the staff are very friendly. Nice location too! I can say that my husband and I will surely stay here the next time we visit Phnom Penh. We really enjoyed our time in PP because of our accommodation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BellaBeluci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Manor House is a secluded and private villa behind high walls and a fence, giving a sense of privacy whilst at the same time you are right in the middle of Phnom Penh. I had a great room on the 2nd floor. The room had everything I needed, a good-functioning TV, nice large bathroom, good bed and nice pillows and excellent WiFi.

The breakfast was a bit disappointing - it would be nice if they had an espresso machine and wholewheat bread. But since I don't mind this, I will be back there for my next visit to Phnom Penh.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights. A very helpful Australian gentleman checked me in and right away gave me a map and helped me locate restaurants, sights, good places for massage, and all I needed to know.
I was impressed with the size of the room! Huge! And the bathroom has a full tub and high pressure shower. The bed was a king and very comfy! Water is free to refill throughout the hotel. Breakfast is included and it's a sweet area to hang out in by the pool and everybody was welcoming and friendly.
The pool. Saltwater! Clean and refreshing.
The Tuk Tuk drivers outside are funny and lively. $2 most places in the city and $15 for the day. Pick your favorite driver and roll with it.
Location: outside the hustle n bustle yet still close to everything.
Overall: great for the value and actually way better than I thought it would be.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Lovely pool, great breakfast, really well appointed (and large) bedrooms & bathroom. All in all, just a really good package. There really was above average attention to detail - that said the price is also above average - bringing to the fore the old adage that you-get-what-you-pay-for.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mateus C
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've stayed at a few places in Phnom Penh, and this one ticks the boxes. It's quiet, well-located for restaurants, and the staff are helpful. I was very impressed at the willingness of the owner to address a request I made on the first morning. The room (deluxe) was good, and the only suggestion I would have is to replace the toast bread at breakfast with some of the excellent French bread and pastries that abound in Phnom Penh. But perhaps people would eat too much and prices would have to rise!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank haukyn
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Let's be clear. This is not the Waldorf Astoria. There are no mints on the pillows, no turn down service, no butlers -- nor should there be. One look at their website tells you exactly what you are getting, and everything promised was delivered.

The rooms were clean and spacious, security was demonstrated and promoted, and the staff were helpful and friendly. To be honest, that last part may be an understatement, as I've rarely felt as welcomed into a place.

The owner, David, was an invaluable resource to my friends and me. I'm sure he gets asked the same questions again and again, but he still answered all of ours with detailed knowledge. He and his staff are an added value that make this place more than reasonably priced.

Before writing this, I read many other reviews, and those that say anything contrary to the above are, in my humble opinion, spewing rubbish.

I expected an above average experience in small affordable rooms close to the places in the city that I want to go. What I got was a 'home base' where I could relax, meet new people, and settle into Pnomh Penh.

When I come back, this will be the only place I consider staying.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
siem reap
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've stayed at a bunch of similar sized boutique hotels and high quality guesthouses in Phnom Penh, and I would judge this to be about the best value I've stayed at. Quality is good (at this price range - it's not Raffles prices, so don't expect Raffles service), and the staff are very helpfull and friendly - that's hardly unusual with Khmers, but these guys are well above average. Breakfast is OK, didn't eat at the hotel other than that, so couldn't comment. The pool is nice, although they've obviously crammed as much as possible into the space available. It advertises as gay friendly - I'm not gay but am friendly, and wouldn't have any problems whatsoever in staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo