Villa Langka
Trip.com
The Kabiki(Phnom Penh)
$49
  • Breakfast included
La Maison d'Ambre(Phnom Penh)
$73
$69
Agoda.com
La Rose Suites(Phnom Penh)
$143
White Mansion(Phnom Penh)
$80
$71
1,066 results
All reviewspool areaan oasisindependence monumentboutique hoteltuk tukbusy cityquiet streetlovely poolside streetdeluxe roomair concenter of phnom penhlovely hotelfresh fruitcentral locationsmall hotelthe hustle and bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We spent three nights at the Villa Langka in suite nr 4, a haven of serene restfulness. This was our third stay at the Langka which is as charming as ever (when there are no noisy French groups, which was unfortunately the case).

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Ken C
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We've been staying at Villa Langka for the second time (2013, 2014) and have enjoyed both the first class food and the setup. We love particularly the swimming pool for rather few people use it and, as we are poor swimmers, we like the fact it is not too deep.
We appreciate the smile and swetness of the people in the restaurant, as well as their efficience.
We have not much negative points to state. The laundry works fine, the shop downstairs displays good articles - maybe some articles from the Artisans d'Angkor would be appreciated. the location behind the Langka pagoda sort of guarantees a quiet environment, although the nearby restaurant can be quite noisy at night.

Room Tip: Avoid the 1st floor rooms on West side with a window to the neighbour restaurant
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Claude G
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have stayed here 3 times, but no more. The first time was spot-on; room on the upper floor of the new building. Ok, hot water was a problem, but it was a great base for the 3 weeks I was there. The second time they put me in a room quaintly described by the manager when I checked in as 'colonial'. I thought I wouldn't make a fuss ... it was tired, a bit grubby, and the bedroom on the upper level was terribly hot. Being under the roof, the air-conditioning made no difference. So on my third stay I decided to be smart, email ahead and request the room I wanted. The room I booked, the room shown on the web pages. But again I was put in the old building. Hard bed, noisy air con, I won't go on. Complaining got me nowhere, and in the end I checked out early. Sure the pool is great, and the breakfast buffet too, but there are so many similar hotels in Phnom Penh, why put up with this. I suspect they keep the better rooms for tour parties, so independent travellers just get the leftovers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
vl2014, General Manager at Villa Langka, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest, I sincerely regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us but be assured that we always try to meet our guest request. Please understand that during peak season we are not always able to answer positively for special room assignment. There is no special treatment from us for independent travelers or "tour parties".
I do hope that you will decide to return to us one day and give us a chance to thoroughly exceed your expectations. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is my third stay at Villa Langka as I always love the location by the temple, it's a real taste of Cambodia. However, I was quite disappointed with this stay. The first room we were offered had a very pungent drain smell coming from the bathroom and despite the staff's efforts, they were unable to get rid of the smell so they moved us to another room. This room was also quite musty as there is no ventilation in the bathrooms and we were very unsatisfied with the bathrooms which require a full renovation (mould on the walls, chipping paint, tired fittings). One thing I absolutely love about SE Asian boutique hotels are the bathrooms and sadly Villa Langka's are not up to scratch. The breakfast was excellent but the other food on the menu is average to poor and the service ranged from excellent to complacent. Cocktails were excellent and the pool is fabulous as the pictures convey. There are much better boutique hotels in Phnom Penh now that I will choose for future visits so I think Villa Langka needs to keep an eye on the market and up the ante.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ATay16
vl2014, General Manager at Villa Langka, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your review and always disappointing to read that we did not meet your expectations during your last stay with us end of December. I will take into consideration your remarks and will take necessary actions.

We do look forward to welcoming you again at Villa Langka during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Beautiful pool side setting and villa-style accommodation. Central enough but not too close, tuk-tuk helped get us to river side but could be walked. Friendly and helpful staff, very restful after long journey. Good breakfast and pool side food.

Room Tip: Go for the superior rooms if you can.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family