“Villa Langka”
Review of Villa Langka

Villa Langka
Ranked #23 of 278 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good features to this small hotel - well placed for restaurants and sight seeing, and a lovely swimming pool to help you cool down. Our room wasn't very good though - the bathroom had an odd arrangement with a large mosaic shower base which had mould growing in it and it smelled badly. We had booked a deluxe room and although we had the voucher, the staff would not move us to one and were unhelpful in trying to sort it out with the travel company. Also, beware if you need to leave things in storage once you have checked out - the room is tiny and most cases can't be stored safely. Someone took our hats we had carefully carried around Vietnam with us. At least it was nothing valuable - just sentimental. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: if you do book a deluxe one, make sure you get it!! We were in one at the back and it was a bit nois...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
vl2014, General Manager at Villa Langka, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely regret to hear that the room didn’t match your expectations and that the staff couldn’t amaze you with their hospitality. I assure you that they are always eager to assist all our guests. We always assign room category requested by travel company.
Our luggage room is under front desk supervision with a key lock to secure the store. I checked the store this morning and found two Vietnamese hat in the luggage store, maybe yours!

We are glad, however, that you enjoyed the pool and hotel location .

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Located centrally near Independence Monument in BKK1, this is a charming little hotel. It was recommended to me by my brother whho has lived in Pnomh Penh for years. I stayed 4 nights before going to Siem Reap and needed some time to plan the next leg of my trip through SE Asia. I needed some time, space and tranquility so I returned to - guess where? - Villa Langka. This little hotel has grown on me and when I look back over my 5 week trip I know I will be back there next year. Theres about 40 rooms, small, simple but clean and comfortable. The staff are lovely but not obtrusive. The pool / restaurant area is simply a delight; no musack and all you can hear is the sound of water and of birds in the trees. The lush vegetation makes you feel like you have entered some tropical Paradise! Yes it does sound a bit over the top for a 3* hotel but I have stayed in many hotels around the world and I have simply fallen in love with this one. Old French Colonial style decor. The first time in my life I have felt so at home in a hotel. I did stay in 5* hotels in Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh and KL on my travels but for me nothing compares to this. Do not expect big plush rooms etc. Maybe I should have kept this a secret! One small tip; if you need to get someplace via tuc-tuc, Jack is usually around and he is the best tuc-tuc driver in Pnomh Penh. unlike others he will not drive you half way to Thailand to find a simple laundry. He is reasonable and friendly and made such a big difference. For me this little hotel was so wonderful I would fly from Ireland just to be there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a little balcony; makes a big difference.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Villa Lanka. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast abundant. Close to the palace and western type stores and restaurant. Set apart from the flavor of PP. I would stay there again. It was a good price for the value. Pleasant sitting around the pool.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony if you stay in the tower. Probably quoted, too.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grendl6
Reviewed January 27, 2014

At the end of a longish stay upcountry I had visions of the pool at Villa Langka and booked another stay there. I lucked out and one of the rooms which front onto the poolside was available. These studio rooms are a good size for a solo stay. I spread out my gear took a shower and quickly started to relax. The restaurant, on the other side of the pool to my room, seems to be buzzing from early morning to late evening. Aside from the great spread at breakfast which I have written about before, there is a good lunch and dinner menu, and drinks by the pool at sundown are just what's needed after a long hot day around town. The pool is the hub around which this resort-like hotel revolves. The service continues to be excellent, with friendly laid back staff always around to help if needed. I'll be back next time I travel through Phnom Penh.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony L
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a lovely hotel & helpful staff. Central location. Lovely courtyard area with pool, bar and meals.Great ambiance. Reasonably priced. Tuk-tuks available outside the gate. good security at the gate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rafi46
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The stay at the hotel, the hospitality was excellent.The only issue was that the breakfast spread could be better for vegetarians.The rooms, service was very good. The staff were very courteous and location is also very good

Room Tip: The rooms above the reception area was very good
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vihaan2003
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Good ambiance, location and pool. Small and somewhat intimate place. Awesome breakfast - we just dived into the fresh fruit.

The only trouble is that this place fills up fast so you will have to book ahead.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family