“Beautiful hotel, Oasis in Phnom Penh”
Review of Villa Langka

Villa Langka
Ranked #22 of 278 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I spent about a week staying at the Villa Langka, I found the staff to be very helpful, knowledgable and I was most impressed with their English.

The hotel was well situated, and managed to be a short walk from many excellent restaurants without suffering from any noise at all. It was quiet and tranquil.

The hotel itself is beautiful, built around an outdoor pool with palm trees surrounding, it realy is a taste of paradise. The pool was kep clean, rooms were clean and well equipped, and the variety for breakfast meant i could try something new each day! Often i would return to my room to find that jasmine flowers had been placed by my bedside, whichwas just lovely.

In the evenings we would sit out on the sofas by the pool and relax with a cup of tea, I would have rated the whole experience as excellent if we had the option of a bar for alcoholic drinks, it would have topped of each night wonderfully. Having said that, it didn't spoil the experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Liz M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is an exceptionally good, small hotel in a convenient part of Phnom Penh. The hotel is very clean and the staff friendly and efficient. We had a suite with a large living room with flat screen TV and minibar. The bathroom was huge and well appointed. The bedroom (with safe) was very comfortable. Breakfast, an excellent buffet, was taken by the lovely clear pool. The hotel has 24 hour security at the front entrance and has free wifi.
For dinner, we used Khmer Surin (turn left outside the hotel and walk about two blocks). The restaurant is in a beautiful old building and the food is quite inexpensive (no credit cards). Excellent fish amok and fish curries. The appetizers are huge.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SouthCarolinaRichard
vl282, General Manager at Villa Langka, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for sharing with us your stay satisfaction and your nice comments about facilities of our property. I will share your positive feedback with our concerned staff .
Best regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

this place was recommended to me by a friend who had stayed here many times for buisiness, so i changed from my usual hotel to try this place.

From the outside coming in I was quite surprised just how nice the environment was, with a nice looking pool and seating area, good looking dining/bar area.

The room was an ok size for the price in phnom penh, however I'm not a fan of open plan bathrooms. As a single traveller, it is not a problem. However if i was travelling with a partner, being able to see someone go to the bathroom from the bed is not something I like at all. I find it not hyginic. That is just me,

The one thing that I was really disappointed with however was the bathroom amenities. I mean really, in a boutique hotel, and for this price, i expect more than a soap and shampoo dispenser in the shower. It's the small little things that count like the small shampoo bottles and soap.

breakfast was ok, with the usual options in a buffet set up, they would make you eggs the way you like it. I really liked that they had the daily paper available, this gets a thumbs up.

Whilst I Would stay here again, and recommend it to friends, I Think they should put the small shampoo and soap bottles in, everyone likes them.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank battambangexpat

Thank you for taking the time to write review about your stay with us.

Naturally we regret to hear that your experience with us was nothing more than average. For your information bathroom amenities we will upgraded soon.

We truly hope that you will stay with us during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is very well decorated, nice garden and lovely chill out area with sofas. The pool is pretty too but a bit small. Good to get refreshed but not to swim. I had a good stay there. I took a standard room which was clean and comfortable.
Down points are that to be honest for the price I would have liked that the decoration of the walls in my room do not fall apart. They put stickers on it and well it looks good but with the humidity and air-co, it does not stick to the wall any longer. The room is very small, I think if you are 2 people you will walk on each other. Besides that the decoration, furniture and specially the bathroom, very pretty. It was quiet too. I cannot remember my room number, but was on the second floor, without a view.
Another thing I have to say is the food. Not that it bad quality, this is not the case. But same thing here, when you play it fancy and it is, well you kind of expect to have a fancy plate too.
First I took a prawns salad with mango. Seriously presentation 0. They have thrown a lot of green leaves on a plate, cut the prawns in too so it looks there is more and few pieces of mango. At the end it was a green salad not more, pretty disappointing. I gave it another try because the breakfast was really good. I took some seafood spaghetti with king prawns, well it was not king prawns and it was too dry with too much sticky cream. Tasteless and boring.Next time better use olive oil than bad cream. Not to mention that it was missing some of the seafood in it. So I stopped eating there. I hope they will improve the kitchen, it is a piety to have such a nice place and such a poor quality with the menu. Come on guys pasta is far from being the most challenging dish to cook, no??

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Wow. What a fantastic hotel. Rooms are great - we tried two!! The pool and garden are soooo peaceful (especially when small children not running around - who invited them, I wanted to know!?!). Food and drinks were fab! Breakfast had several egg options (see earlier review) and was very tasty. Downside - the lift was like a sauna as was on the sun facing side of building. Then again, put a seat inside and a towel or two and you have a new facility at the hotel - extra hot sauna!! Well done to all at Villa Langka. The best part was we won the trip at a charity event supported by the hotel.once again well done all at Villa Langka. WILL BE RETURNING VERY SOON, so please dont read this review and book up all the rooms!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The pool and bar area is fab. The food is awesome, the room was okay but the bathroom was worse than something from east Berlin with Russian occupation. Horrible! We complained and she said she would tell her GM. Not good enough. And we had no hot water. It was room 18 if you get it demand a change or offer 10 bux a night. The reception girls are rude but the bar men are lovely. I am sure the girls were saying how fat or how bad our eye brows were but all in all great location, security, pool excellent and the serenity of a crazy city was awesome.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
vl282, General Manager at Villa Langka, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us. I read with interest your comments and always feel concerned when something did not meet our guest expectation.
We continously maintain the hotel property in order to provide guest satisfaction. Your comment will be taken into consideration.
I also will share your feelings with concerned departments.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and our quiet situation in Phnom Penh.

With my best regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Great little pool, pleasant rooms, easy location and pleasant staff.
What else can I say.......

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business